Wrecking Yards in Melbourne

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Draff

Wrecking Yards in Melbourne

Post by Draff »

Hey Guys,

i'm chasing some good wrecking yards for old Mitsubishi's in the Melbourne area, i'm more than happy to selvage the parts myself as well.

Cheers

Regards

Draff
psshhhht

Re: Wrecking Yards in Melbourne

Post by psshhhht »

check out pick-a-part, they're pretty good from what i hear.... where in Melb are you?
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
Draff

Post by Draff »

cheers!

im located in Brunswick west, but im always up for a bit of a drive :D

Where abouts is the pick-a-part located?
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

they have two yards - Kilsyth and Campbellfield.
Check out their website - it's pretty simple, but useful :)
http://www.pick-a-part.com.au/
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

In my experience, Centre Road Wreckers are far better than Pinch-a-Part. They usually have quite a few Lancers/Galants/Sigmas etc there.
Draff

Post by Draff »

Thanks guys! ill check em both out this week to fill in the time void on my holidays :lol:
Draff

Post by Draff »

psshhhht wrote:they have two yards - Kilsyth and Campbellfield.
Check out their website - it's pretty simple, but useful :)
http://www.pick-a-part.com.au/

Had a look at Campbellfield pick a part today, not much out there as far as the stocks for sigma's and galants go just a heads up if anyone was thinking of having a look out there, there was 2 sedans mostly striped and a few wagons, i did see a sigma wagon out there that had a Astron 80 rocker cover next to it not sure if was the real deal though didn't bother to lift the bonnet as i was in a rush.
2 pajeros, motors and most running gear had been striped but still had most of there panels if anyone's searching for them. other than that magnas as far as the eyes can see :lol:

im going to hit up the central road wreckers next in springvale and have a bit of a look to see what i can dig up there.
Draff

Post by Draff »

Hi guys, i was down at central motor wreckers in springvale this week and i noticed they had a blue 4 door lancer in the yard, figured it was worth a mention in the event anyone is chasing parts, there was a few galants in the yard as well.
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

davetrees wrote:In my experience, Centre Road Wreckers are far better than Pinch-a-Part. They usually have quite a few Lancers/Galants/Sigmas etc there.
Dont waste your time at pick a part.
Centre road wreckers have Early models galants, lancers and even a couple of starions.
Unlike alot of wreckers that only keep a car for a few months they keep their older stuff until most of the stuff has gone before they are crushed.