ge sigma will not pass 100kph need help

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
armor117

ge sigma will not pass 100kph need help

Post by armor117 »

so i got a mechanic to rebuild my carby he had the car for 2week and every time i get it back i cant get pass 100 kph or ran like shit i got it back friday and it strats and runs fine till i hit 100kph and then it just plays up like it geting to much fuel or not enough can any one help me plz
mstrrab1992

Re: ge sigma will not pass 100kph need help

Post by mstrrab1992 »

oh deer. is it manual or auto
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
armor117

Post by armor117 »

its a manual jap 5 speed
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

2 weeks for a 'mechanic' to do a carby is crap. I'd be taking it back and making the guy fix it as his expense. First thing I'd check is if fuel is making it down the secondary throat. Take off the air filter and start the car somewhere where there is plenty of light so you can see what is going on. Use a mirror to look down inside the carby while you give it a few good steady revs (don't put your face over the carby on a running engine unless you want to burn it off). If the secondary butterfly doesn't move then the culprit will be a stuffed vacuum servo, a split or disconnected vacuum hose to the servo, or the butterfly on the secondary is jammed/seized. There could be something else other than the carby that is killing your top end, but it's a start... Members often have grief with carbies so use the search function - http://www.sigma-galant.com/search.php to get info that might help you on your way.
armor117

Post by armor117 »

i found a vacuum line off put it on and the secondary strated working but still wont pass 100 :(
ddt

Post by ddt »

I assume the float in your carby has been looked at so it maybe you have a lazy fuel pump or an obstructed fuel filter?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
armor117

Post by armor117 »

is there a way to check the fuel pump ? filter is new and ok
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

Where did you take it :|

Could be a few things, Does it feel unwilling to rev past 4000rpm (in like 2nd or 3rd?)
More or less what Geezer said though.

Can have a look at it if you like?
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
armor117

Post by armor117 »

mjm auto in merbein don't know about the revs ill check tomorrow and get back to you if you don't mind having a look that would be great