Nissian Silvia s13 radiator fitted to my GJ Siggy

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
turbogj260

Nissian Silvia s13 radiator fitted to my GJ Siggy

Post by turbogj260 »

Ok so went to Mildrens on Thursday and finally got the Gj boosted! After a good 3 hours of tuning it pumped out 215kwatw on 18 PSI! Was stoked but got troy to tune it to 200kwatw at 16.5 PSI just to ease things up a bit. Wasnt really planing on pumping in 18 PSI in 4g54 but once on the dyno it was left up to the tuner. By the way anyone in Adelaide need to get your car dyno'd go to Mildrens Troy did a top ob with my MoTeC M4 took him some time and cost me nearly $500 but worth every dollar spent.

Now I ordered off E-Bay the Nissian Silvia s13 alloy radiator with the twin thermo fans on monday and received it on friday so friday night i fitted the radiator and i tell ya what it looks the goods. Really happy with it even if its a Chinese made product found the welds to be brilliant and value for money in my opinion. Was a bit worried about the fans hitting the water pump pulley but no issues what so ever plenty of clearance. Made up a few mounting brackets on the radiator support and rubber sleeved the bottom of the radiator with some L brackets to stop it moving back perfect. Only thing was how am i gonna run these hoses? By this time it was 10:30 pm friday night thought thats it ill go to autobahn 2morrow and see what kinda silicone radiator hoses are avail. Went in today and had a few boxed up kits on special. Found a BA/BF XR8 GT silicone hose kit then remembered my GT has a long ass bottom tank hose and i could prob use it for the thermostat housing to the top radiator outlet. (my manifold hasnt been adapted to the front :? ) so purchased the kit and went home. opened the box and did a rough outlay and guess what? PERFECT!! just had to cut off a few sections and bobs ur auntie. bottom hose required to cut the other hose in half and use a piece of stainless 1.5 in in diameter a join it together. Thought ide post it up cos its really not 2 bad using the hose and if u didnt want to spend the cash on welding manifolds this is a cheep way out even if u wanted to use the rubber hose instead of silicone. i took a few picts just to show how it set out.

ford bottom radiator hose

flared bit that needed to be cut off

cut and this is the bit that gos to the thermostat housing

Top hose under the manifold

Hose from water pump with join to bottom tank

Bottom tank bend with joiner in it

Top view

Side view

Well thats how i did it. Hope it helps ;)
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
84GSR

Re: Nissian Silvia s13 radiator fitted to my GJ Siggy

Post by 84GSR »

Nice ly done with that radiator mate. Those fans fit perfect. Fit better than the Davies craig fan does. They don't clear the water pump and don't keep the engine cool either. Another way of piping the water from the back is with a modified pipe from a VN Commodore. The early ones piped the water from the rear.
turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

yeah the fan shroud helps to and to buy that as is out of the box was a bonus.
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

Well done mate. Would you be able to retain the standard clutch fan or would it hit?
turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

dunno i think it might fit but why would u put the standard fan with a silvia radiator?
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Just bought on of these aswell, without the fans and shroud for $215. Was just going to origionall get a 3core Sigma one for $270 (mate's rate's) but after seeing how well the Silvia one fitted in so nicely decided to go with that. Have done a quick trial fit and it will just clear the engine fan and make a shroud to fit.

FYI - they are the ones on EBay from asi_performance for a S13 SR20DET
With fans and shroud $400 +postage
Without $215 +postage

and yes pix will follow when i get around to putting it in.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

rob020

Post by rob020 »

nice distributer.... are you using it as a crank angle sensor?... just curious as to why you dont remove it and plug the hole...

good luck with it..
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

yeah mate its a crank angle sensor now. Just cut the top of the cap off and made a cover for it. Computer need it to fire the coils so cant just plug up the hole...
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
rob020

Post by rob020 »

so does your ecu actually need a crank angle sensor or is it just for spark?

im planning on going distributerless and i dont know if i'll have to do the same,
im using a ford EDIS 36-1 triggerwheel and vr sensor though

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

u need a trigger for the computer to know when to fire the coil/coils. It can be done but why?
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
rob020

Post by rob020 »

oh..... nah, im using a crank sensor... just an edis one mounted to the crank pully...

i just had no idea if the stock one was needed for anything other than spark... as id hate to run the vr pickup to the ignition box AND the fuel box (it'd mess with the signal wouldnt it?)... i guess id just have to use 2 pickups.... hmmm

sorry for bein so off topic, i just saw your dizzy and your coil on plugs

cheers,
rob
p.s. its not goin yet... im using megasquirt 2
p.p.s. how wide is that intercooler? 350-400ish?