Sigma rear disc brakes.

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
kevveker

Sigma rear disc brakes.

Post by kevveker »

He guys, wondering if anyone can answer my question. How many types of rear disc brakes setups did a sigma come out with? If more than one, could you let me know what models they came out on & what the difference was between the set ups. trying to adapt disc brake rear to a Chrysler Centura & was told that someone has done it before using a sigma setup. I briefly looked at one & couldn't see how it would work because of the Sigma handbrake setup with the cables that run from side to side behind the diff would clash with the panhard bar & shocks. Do all sigmas run this sought of setup? Be great if some one could set me straight. thanks guys.
Kev.
Sigmaproject

Re: Sigma rear disc brakes.

Post by Sigmaproject »

I think you will find they are all setup the same way.

Only one i'm not sure of is the GE. But I would imagine it is the same as the rest.
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

kevveker wrote:He guys, wondering if anyone can answer my question. How many types of rear disc brakes setups did a sigma come out with? If more than one, could you let me know what models they came out on & what the difference was between the set ups. trying to adapt disc brake rear to a Chrysler Centura & was told that someone has done it before using a sigma setup. I briefly looked at one & couldn't see how it would work because of the Sigma handbrake setup with the cables that run from side to side behind the diff would clash with the panhard bar & shocks. Do all sigmas run this sought of setup? Be great if some one could set me straight. thanks guys.
Kev.

i think youd have more luck using discs of an xd-f falcon, at least its the same stud pattern
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
panda

Post by panda »

Kev, I believe all Sigma's with a Borg Warner rear end had the same disk brake set up, but Scorpions with a Jap rear end was a different set up, with smaller rotors. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

panda
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

panda wrote:but Scorpions with a Jap rear end was a different set up, with smaller rotors.
panda
Ide like to know as well....Ive got the choice of 3 rear ends for disc brake conversion for my LC...either GH scorp diff, GE scorp diff or GK sigma wagon diff. So ide like to know the different sizes of rotors if there are any differences.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

Rally_2.6LC wrote:
panda wrote:but Scorpions with a Jap rear end was a different set up, with smaller rotors.
panda
Ide like to know as well....Ive got the choice of 3 rear ends for disc brake conversion for my LC...either GH scorp diff, GE scorp diff or GK sigma wagon diff. So ide like to know the different sizes of rotors if there are any differences.

Cheers Matt
GH GJ GK GN rear discs are 280mm dia solid and 10.5mm thick

scorp is 247mm and 10mm thick
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust