4g63 2L DOHC Into a GE

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
valitank

4g63 2L DOHC Into a GE

Post by valitank »

Hi All,

How hard is it to install one of these motors into a ge?. Am i better of going the astron II turbo? This is going to be a long term project. How much is it going to send me back? is the shell going to need modifaction?
Cheers
Chris
valitank

Re: 4g63 2L DOHC Into a GE

Post by valitank »

Anyone?
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

i looked into this for me GE. . was told about $8000. which i thought at the time was WAY more than i thought it would be, but when you have to take into account a exhaust manifold due to hitting brake parts, modding the water pump, clutch, crank sensor hitting fire wall and other things it all adds up. plus the engine and possibly ECU and turbo

i would have used a starion 4G63 block so the water pump issue wasn't going to happen. and i've heard that one type of crank angle sensor would fit?? but i'm not sure

but the engine should bolt up to the siggie gearboxes. . and the mounts would too i believe. . but you have to get a specific engine. . i believe evo 1 to 3 are different to 4 and on??? wide block and narrow block??? i think 1 to 3 are wide block and 4 up are different? the starion is wide block. i put a starion engine in my GE scorp a while back. all bolted in no probs. . so the bottom half of it works, its just the DCOH head that would be more challenging

can some one correct me if i'm wrong with anything so far

thats why most sigmas with this conversion go for a bit. . there was one i was looking at when i was thinking of doing it. . its the one in the for sale section again now. the one that was in a fast fours mag. i think he wanted 5 or 6 grand for it. . my mate also says if i want his 290RWKW DCOH starion i can have it for 5 or 6. .
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
sig2L

Post by sig2L »

Hey mate, just finishing off my 4g63 gk build. Easiest way would probably be as said a starion bottom end or any 4g63 SOHC engine ie express or some utes I think... From there I would be getting a Mitsubishi rvr head, these run the cam angle sensor the cam gear. Seriously if your keen to do some work your self it really isn't that much of a major. As for manifolds you can either do a cut and shut on a stock manifold which really shouldn't cost much if you know some one with a tig, or you can run a evo 7-9 inlet manifold and while your there grab some second hand evo pistons. I'd be speaking with meek automotive for that. And exhaust side you can always grab a cheapie off eBay and play with that. I have seen some of these last torture if you put some supports in as they seem to flex a bit under heat and weaken the welds. Just use a Volvo high pressure fuel pump and some sort of surge tank and a decent lift pump. Evo injectors are 550cc and would do the job unless your planning on running more than 300rwhp. Jump Austarion.com and have a look around or feel free to PM me
All the best
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

and maby use a starion gearbox as it will bolt to the engine and mounts, you'll just need to swap over to a hydraulic clutch setup. i have a box for sale, but i have someone interested. but i'm selling mine for $150, so they go cheap. but hard to come by.

i thought eo injectors are 430 or 470cc?? well mine are VR4 though i guess so then they are smaller then??
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
sig2L

Post by sig2L »

hey, yeah vr4's are 4hundered and something cc but evo one's are 510 or 550.... a fresh/tight jap 5 speed would do the job if your sensible and your engine is relatively mild which would still be heaps of fun....
BOOTS

Post by BOOTS »

im currently doing this built on my ge sigma, im using a VR4 RS 4g63, which has the yellow top injectors (510cc) w/58 gearbox and 9" diff, fitting the engine in the engine bay is fairly straight forward and you shouldn't need any mods to engine bay to fit it in, the gearbox and diff are proving alot more difficult then getting the engine in.