GB Galant... what are they worth?

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
kriture

GB Galant... what are they worth?

Post by kriture »

Hi Im Kristy
I have a 74 GB Galant and she is my world
I have owned her just over 5 years and she is dying, slowly but surely... :(
I cant afford to fix her up and have been advised to sell her as my parents just purchased me a cough cough festiva as a run around.
Would you guys be able to give me any ideas on what she would be worth?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 0536928567
Last edited by kriture on Fri May 07, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: GB Galant... what are they worth?

Post by astronturbo77 »

what state are you in? anywhere from $500 to 2500 for a real one owner job
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
kriture

Post by kriture »

Im the second owner and im in brisbane
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

if its rusty , not much, if its registered probbaly the value of the remaining rego. $500 would be a fairly good one with no apparent rust, running and driveable, no rego.... 2.5K would be the little old ladies car mint inside, at worst minor paint work needed outside, good chrome etc either passed for rego or currently regsitered (and there arnt many that good). Pickies?
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
kriture

Post by kriture »

i just added a link of one of the pics i have on facebook
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

soooo whats wrong with it?
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
kriture

Post by kriture »

engine is just running, smells awful, just a whole lot of mech problems and i cant afford to do her up... single mum :( lol
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

Ebay..... its probably the best bet, or garage it till you can do it up. There isnt a huge market for them but it should sell.
kriture

Post by kriture »

i have been checkin ebay and nothing much ever comes up... most people dont even know what a chrysler galant is lol...
in all honest i dont really want to sell her, but am being ordered to pretty much :(
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hi Kristy
It looks like it is nice and neat externally. If it has some serious mechanical issues you will be lucky to get $500 for it. As you said there is not a massive interest and there fore a small market, that keeps pricing quite low.
If your olds have bought you a reliable run around and you have storage space I would be shedding this until I had the time and money to fit a new engine.
If this isn't an option you have I am sure there are a few guys up your way that might be interested on here, if not I think ebay with a starting price of $500 with no reserve would be a fair starting auction.
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

Kirsty,

Definately a neat example and as the others have stated it would be worth trying to fix it. Worse case scenario look at some of the forum members up your way helping to fix it. You can re-engine fairly easily and would be able to get a reconditioned engine for easily $400. In fact if you could have someone build it for you you might be able to get away with it cheap with $ for parts and coke/beer for labour.. ;) Chin up they are nice cars....

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
kriture

Post by kriture »

Thanks guys for all the info on pricing etc.
I had tried to get the engine reconditioned about a year ago and got quoted $3100
Yeah um NO!!!!!!!! as you say it is only worth between 500 and 2500 so i couldnt see it worth my while
friends are trying to convince me to stick a rotar in her, but same problem, cash lol

thanks all
kristy
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

theres a few members out there that are changing they're 1600 motors over for an astron and im sure they would be willing to sell you the 1600 for cheap. Just put a wanted ad in the wanted section and see what happens :)
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

$3100 what the....I didnt know the saturn ran gold parts... I know it is an out of the world motor (puh intended) but seriously.....

Surely someone could helpout here... Tango's suggestion is a brillant one...

A rotor will cost more as there will be a conversion involved....not to mention mazda parts dont just "bolt in" a mitsu......(rotors do go hard though but the back up stuff would be an issue.......)

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
mrgrims

Post by mrgrims »

if it was a little closer i would have taken it off your hands :( look like a neat GB.. better a straight body with a bad motor than a good motor and a rusty shell :)
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

im not from brissy but if it goes up for sale im interested
Samual
stealth

Post by stealth »

are your friends going to help with the install of the new engine ?
i would suggest a astron narrow block will go straight into it but there is the cost ,there not that expensive ,but its all cash isnt it
question is how much do you want for it? and where in brissy ,north or south ,will it still be regoed ?
cheers stealth (H)
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
krohny

Post by krohny »

i got a 4g32b engine running for 50bucks.. if you wait they will come up, and its about a 2 hour job 2 change engines over if there is a crane handy..
dont know if there are people there to help you though