Galant dyno specs?

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
livestockpimp

Galant dyno specs?

Post by livestockpimp »

hey guys,
I am getting close to my galant been on the road again, finally got my 4g54 wideblock drilled, tapped and box on it and its all in the car. (just need to stick a carby on it and get my tailshaft made up and it should fire up!)

I was wondering what the output of these are on carby and especially vs efi as I have pretty much and entire TP magna efi kit in the shed I was contemplating bolting up after.

does it make much of a difference and does anyone have quarter mile times / kw output to give me a rough idea on this.

Thanks.
Torana68

Re: Galant dyno specs?

Post by Torana68 »

....... Im sure some will chip in with their 11 second 300Hp cars ... but they wont have slips or dyno sheets. No sheet or time slip? dont post..... (just to keep the self exciters in check a little... :lol: ) some on here have a G-Tech which is pretty accurate.
Roger
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
EVL076
S-G Veteran

Post by EVL076 »

Torana68 wrote:....... Im sure some will chip in with their 11 second 300Hp cars ... but they wont have slips or dyno sheets. No sheet or time slip? dont post..... (just to keep the self exciters in check a little... :lol: ) some on here have a G-Tech which is pretty accurate.
Roger
yeah get ya self a G tech - the series one, crappy $60 (about that now) unit is the go.
i have one, and its pretty close to spot on - it will atleast give you a very close guide

i thought that they were about 75ish KW stock carby? (flywheel kw)
cos the saturn is bout the same kw as the 2.6 astron, but has no where near the torque of the astron..

my old stock set up ran a 13.4@105mph... that was a stock 2.6, stock sigma turbo set up on 8psi, and a stock "sniper" nitrous kit with a 42 hp shot :lol: :lol: :lol:

or book it in for a dyno run :D most places will give it a straight power run, with no tuning at all, all the way up to fully optimised/tuned to get the max out of it.

beware tho, every dyno reads different too, some are more power happy than others (HINT: those are the ones you want your print out from :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: )
Image Image
livestockpimp

Post by livestockpimp »

lol, i was expecting a few ppl to put their 300rwhp info up but really more interested in stock or minimal mod information to get a bit of a comparison on basic mods ie, stock 2.6 carby -> stock 2.6 EFI and maybe other things like mild cam, ect.
Billsy

Post by Billsy »

livestockpimp wrote:lol, i was expecting a few ppl to put their 300rwhp info up but really more interested in stock or minimal mod information to get a bit of a comparison on basic mods ie, stock 2.6 carby -> stock 2.6 EFI and maybe other things like mild cam, ect.
noone is going to post up 300hp na anything.

and its not a galant but a 4G54 neverless
it was DEAD STOCK apart from astron 1 pistons to drop the comp, and a st 2 cam. efi turbo
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i96/b ... wpower.jpg
18psi was as far as i pushed it on the day as it was leaning out,
i fitted larger injectors and ran 22psi but never went back to the dyno.
as a guess it had 220-230kw the way it felt to my butt dyno.
Insert witty one liner here -->
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

EVL076 wrote:
Torana68 wrote:
beware tho, every dyno reads different too, some are more power happy than others (HINT: those are the ones you want your print out from :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: )
So true. Dyno readouts have many variables.. such as how much money you have spent in their workshop. Generally the more money you've spent the higher the reading.

The best way to get REAL results is to run it down the 1/4. It don't lie.
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

I do know of two 4G54 N/A engines that have around the 300hp mark. Both have quad throttle bodies, cams, head work, exhausts, motech computers. One in a LA lancer, the other in a Sigma.
Im not bragging (as they aren't mine) but it is possible to get that much power out of this engine......but u do have to spend big money.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

300 HP is the same at 115 Hp/L (almost a S2000 honda engine)

Look, this power Ratio ( 115hp/L ) Is possible, but, in engines with 16V or better conditions , like Itb's and a lot of thing

GS/R power