my mmc galant

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
didotooo

my mmc galant

Post by didotooo »

Hello fans galant! This is my only machine of this modification in my country! If someone can give me more details about my model, thank you. http://www.snimka.bg/album.php?album_id=345494
didotooo

Re: my mmc galant

Post by didotooo »

I hope the pictures to open... ;)
DragonCypher

Post by DragonCypher »

Now that's interesting..
Never seen a Sigma like it

But it says "Galant ∑" on the back and the steering wheel/guages look to be sigmaesque

Also front wheel drive too.. unless the engine is just a wee bit crooked :roll:
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

Looks like the aussie equivalent of our early magna's, as in the TM ~ TP range.

What year model is stamped on yours?

Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
EVL076
S-G Veteran

Post by EVL076 »

yeah it would have been too easy to just leave the cars looking the same and named the same regardless of where they were exported too :lol:
Image Image
didotooo

Post by didotooo »

what to say when looking for a side window of her in the stores for used car in Bulgaria Say to me that there is no galant from 1984-1988 without a window-frame? But I like how this drive :D as far as I know is produced by the end of 1983 ... and my first car registration issued in 1988 ... did not know what year.In the beginning was the Japanese ambassador in Bulgaria. But the last owner drive it without oil in the engine until it has stopped ... and now and make major repairs to engine parts ... they found he 4g63 2000 cc 130 hp but I need some parts of the body ... interesting is that I have ever seen galant of 1985-6 but has nothing to do with my.Im sorry my english its bad: D one of the forum will know this? Thanks :roll: :D
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

These were also known as the Mark III Sapporo. It you look up Sapporo in Google you generally end up finding a few of these.

They appear similar to the Aussie Magna in many ways, but have a few main differences such as the 4G63 and the frameless windows.

Edit: Just did a Google image search for Mitsubishi Sapporo, and this was the first pic.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... 080301.jpg
didotooo

Post by didotooo »

to suggest that it has and sapporo, to know as Sapporo is the sports version with turbo and about 180 hp, my body is the same but with less motor.may be its interim model ... how can I find out what year is right? ;)
DragonCypher

Post by DragonCypher »

180hp? our factory scorpions/sapporos were lucky to get 110hp, and I'm not sure if they ever did

110 = 81kw and I think that was the 1st gen magnas
astron 1 being 79kw factory I think

Haven't been to wiki in a while..
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

didotooo

Post by didotooo »

6 cylynder turbo cyclone 4g63 ... I read on the internet that is 180 ... might be a chip tuning ... anyway...and from where can I find a side window? for now I made of plexiglas...for the original window on Japan wants 250 euro ... its too much ... :o
didotooo

Post by didotooo »

This is just like mine that has 200 hp!!! turbocharged wow..

dirtygalant

Post by dirtygalant »

Yep what you have there is the 5th Generation Galant, chassis prefix would be E15A for the 2.0L 4-cyl model. The Sigma symbol just means that it's a sedan. Yours is a hard top so has a different front and rear end as well as pillarless windows.

The 200hp model is the DASH-Turbo 3x2V G63B engine. The Sapporo is what they are called in the European market.

The Australian TM/TN/TP Magna was based apon a 5th generation Galant, except they were widened three inches in the middle and shared only a few body panels with the normal non-hard top Galant. The 5th generation Galant was also available with either a 2000cc or 3000cc V6 engine.
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

The only one of these I know about had gearbox (auto)
problems was expensive, they were bitching about the
money to get it fixed.
3x la lancer 2door
2x gc galant hardtop
1x gc galant wagon
A112H

Post by A112H »

Narrow TM/P is all, now parts here for y'all

That rhymes and you know it rhymes Marge