AII GS

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
datsunrides

AII GS

Post by datsunrides »

I've been poking around trying to find what exactly made a AII GS different from the standard Colt/Galant and have not found much. I'm sure someone here can enlighten me.

Mark
Torana68

Re: AII GS

Post by Torana68 »

engine (carbs, cam,valve springs, distributor, fan), exhaust from the cast headers down, front springs I think?, badges, trim , dash, brake booster maybe some other stuff.... this is for first gen Galant
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
colta51

Post by colta51 »

i hav a few GS parts on my A51 like dash and camshaft (#2) and badges you can see them in my thred
here> http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=90
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
datsunrides

Post by datsunrides »

I also have the GS gauges in my Colt, and am about to install the dual downdrafts setup on the G32. Was this intake a GS package, or from ? Do you know the cam specs and what the hp rating of a G32 with the dual carbs and hipo cam was?

Mark
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

dual downs are off either a saturn powered GTO, a Lancer GSR or maybe another weirdo Japanese Saturn engined model, earlier ones are non EGR type
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

dual downs are off either a saturn powered GTO, a Lancer GSR or maybe another weirdo Japanese Saturn engined model, earlier ones are non EGR type
They were also on the 16LGS (as opposed to the Aisan sidedraughts on the AIIGS)
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

datsunrides wrote:Do you know the cam specs and what the hp rating of a G32 with the dual carbs and hipo cam was?
According to the factory workshop manual :
A53GS (in Galant 16LGS) = 110hp @ 6700rpm vs. 100hp @ 6300rpm (but that's probably pretty meaningless, like most quoted factory power figures of the era !)

Virtually same torque as the single carb motor (103 ft-lb in the GS vs 102 ft-lb) but peak torque at 4800rpm in the GS vs 4000rpm.

Valve timing for the #2 cam is 24/64/67/21. Cam lobe heights : Intake 36.52mm Exh 36.57mm

Standard 4G32 is 8.5:1 compression, GS is 9.5:1 (less dish in the piston crowns)
datsunrides

Post by datsunrides »

That is some good info right there! Thanks.

Mark
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

maybe but dont use a cam of those specs as its a "pollution" cam (same as the crappy No6 or it is a No6) use the specs for the earlier "sports" No2....
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

maybe but dont use a cam of those specs as its a "pollution" cam (same as the crappy No6 or it is a No6) use the specs for the earlier "sports" No2....
According to the workshop manual it's a #2 ?

I assume the late Lancer GSR cam (#6) must have a different lobe shape to the earlier #2 to make it "crappy", because the raw specs (timing & lift) are very similar between the two ?

Actually, you would probably be better off with a more modern cam profile anyway ....
datsunrides

Post by datsunrides »

So, what G32 cam/spec would you recommend for the following setup? No unobtanium stuff, needs to be something I can get my hand on reasonably cheap.

Stock bottom end
Stock 72' exhaust manifold
Dual downdraft intake with G52 carbies
Head street ported, maybe bigger valves?

Car is primarily street driven with maybe an odd autocross thrown in. Not looking for all out power, more weighted to mid range torque with a good top end.
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

unless your shopping in Australia I cant help, however there is nothing available "off the shelf" anyway, best bet is to see your local cam grinder and ask his recommendation. Dont go too big or it will be a dog.
datsunrides

Post by datsunrides »

I shop wherever I can find parts! (H)

Mark