GA Brake Booster Fitted

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
Galantish

GA Brake Booster Fitted

Post by Galantish »

Hey

Just finished my installing my brake booster into my GA thought i would share some photos of it. Sorry about pics as there not the best. The hardest part of the whole conversion was making new lines. I remade the front left and right. For the back i join it with a joiner off a GD i found. It works very well now much better then trying to pull the car up with 2 feet :P

astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: GA Brake Booster Fitted

Post by astronturbo77 »

nice! lancer booster/master by the looks of it?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Galantish

Post by Galantish »

Yes thats it :)

Got the booster from a wreck LB lancer and i bought a new master cly as the one on car had more rust then the wreck lol
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

Nice.
Is it mounted to the firewall somehow?
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
Galantish

Post by Galantish »

Hey

Its mounted using the original holes in firewall and that spacer thing as you can see in first pic. All bolts up with no mods to firewall what so ever. I didnt put that silly bracket on that holds the master cly from moving (from lancer) as well to me its all a tight fit and doesnt move what so ever
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Galantish wrote: It works very well now much better then trying to pull the car up with 2 feet
Sure you haven't got some other brake problem ? The stock unboosted brakes don't have a very heavy pedal, and work fine as long as you have good pads.
Galantish

Post by Galantish »

Well its for the 2.6 mod that was done before i got the car. Engineer wanted it fitted so i couldnt say no
smash

Post by smash »

How much were the new lines??
72 GB Galant
VH Commodore
Chrysler x Chrysler
Suzuki Sj50 sierra
Mazda 121
2x series 2a landrovers
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Galantish wrote:Well its for the 2.6 mod that was done before i got the car. Engineer wanted it fitted so i couldnt say no
Ah OK .. that explains it !
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

I didnt put that silly bracket on that holds the master cly from moving (from lancer) as well to me its all a tight fit and doesnt move what so ever

well you should fit it , its there for a reason , to stop flex, doesnt have much to do with how it feels its about the brake force exerted on the pedal. Do you have any clearance between the m/c and body? it shouldnt be hard up against it.
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
Galantish

Post by Galantish »

Thanks for the reply

A good friend of mine cut and made a box section in the tower for it to pass without hitting tower Lucky he is a pannel beater by trade and great with metal. I have shown this to the engineer and he is happy with it so far
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

ah ha! I can see it now :D probably a tad easier to use a 16L/GTO/GS mount on the firewall so it all clears... but I guess that works
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
Galantish

Post by Galantish »

If thats the ones from a GD? as i would of had the same issue :( I tried to many diffrent ideas for this and thats the only way i could of got it to work and keep the engineer happy.
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

GD's no good you needed first gen Galant one, they were a factory fitment all you needed was the factory adapter
colt72jay

Post by colt72jay »

hi, just read this thread. was wondering for the left hand drive ga/gb would the booster fit without heating the oem air cleaner? have been planning to upgrade with a brake booster for my 72 ga/gb 2door using the boosters from a lancer.
above is my engine bay. booster would be located in line without the oem air cleaner. any problem also on the wheel housing arches?would the lancer booster not hit the arches?
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

aircleaner wont be your biggest issue, I dont think you have room between the manifold and the body to fit the master cylinder in there? pretty sure Mits never made a boosted brake LHD Galant/Colt. Maybe a stand alone booster like a VH40 (or VH44 whichever one it is)
colt72jay

Post by colt72jay »

the 74-78 galants gc gd had boosters with the same air cleaner location and size. is it possible it would fit?
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

GC/CD being RHD cars ?? if you mean a second gen LHD car had a booster Id have no idea at all if it would fit but its doubtfull. Try it and see.
colt72jay

Post by colt72jay »

might try it by the weekend. really having second thoughts if it would fit. LHD 74 up models here in the philippines had oem brake boosters in them. if wheel arches would be the same then i guess its a perfect fit. intake manifold i believe isnt an issue