Fuel system assistance

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
176bob

Fuel system assistance

Post by 176bob »

G'day, I am going to fit an electric fuel pump to my LC Lancer hatchback and I wish to mount it at the rear near the fuel tank. My problem is which of the 3 lines from the fuel tank goes to the carbie? I know one is the fuel return system, one must be for the carbie, not sure of what other is for.....any assistance appreciated. Bob.
DanTurboLancer

Re: Fuel system assistance

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Mate you will usually find that the thickest, or largest diameter pipe will be the one that goes to the Carby.
The return,
and then the other pipe should be for your Charcoal canister and pollution control return to tank...

75Wagon has a complete and running LC, ill ask him to varify this information.

What fuel pumps and set up are you planning to run?
176bob

Post by 176bob »

G'day, Thanks for that. Plan is electric fuel pump mounted under floor then direct to carbie (thru 2 filters). Thanks again, Bob.
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Just remember you will need a Low pressure pump, high pressure is only for fuel injection.
And you will need a carby compatable fuel pressure regulator.
Again fuel injection Fuel pressure regulator is different and wont work for your application.
176bob

Post by 176bob »

Yep, thanks mate. Bob.
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

One filter is all you need (between tank & pump) .... nothing to be gained by filtering the fuel twice (all you do is add another restriction to flow).

With the appropriate low pressure fuel pump there should be no need for a pressure regulator, either.

(If your current mechanical fuel pump is working OK and not overheating & causing vapourisation, there's no advantage in running an electric pump anyway .... )
176bob

Post by 176bob »

Thanks blokes, Now trying to digest all the info. I will probably now stick to the original pump. Thanks again, Bob.