coilovers

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
krohny

coilovers

Post by krohny »

anybody got any idea if and where i can get my hands on some coilovers to fit my LB sedan, and maybe some longer lower control arms for a bit of extra camber..?
cheers..
dang

Re: coilovers

Post by dang »

Khrony,

I have coilovers on my LB rally car. They are MCA/ Proflex built by Murray Coote. He recently built a number of sets for some replica African Safari cars. Pretty expensive but absolutely amazing and worth every cent.

Dan
2 x LA 2 Dr
3 x LA 4 Dr
1 x LB 4 Dr
2 x 4G32 Twin Cams
A112H

Post by A112H »

You can buy coilover sleeve kits very cheap, just get someone to remove your stock spring landing and weld in the coil over kit. Have a dig through eBay and find the correct diameter for your struts. You may need to change ya stock struts for GH struts.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/88-00-Honda-Civi ... 8810662874

Thats what I have on my Galant Hardtop
colta51

Post by colta51 »

i think i might go wiv a set of these.. if thay will hav sum to suit my galant strutt? wat pound springs are you running?
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
colta51

Post by colta51 »

krohny wrote:anybody got any idea if and where i can get my hands on some coilovers to fit my LB sedan, and maybe some longer lower control arms for a bit of extra camber..?
cheers..
if you want sum camber its probly ezeyr to get adjustable stutt tops..! autosport is were i got myn from....
A112H

Post by A112H »

Yeah, adjustable tops are the go. Mine are running 260lb, after speaking to Cheater he thinks this should be spot on for hard road and a bit of track work. Here is a pic with the part number :) KPS042

colta51

Post by colta51 »

thanks 4 that :thumpsup:
r20bear

Post by r20bear »

What shocks are you running in your coilovers?

I put Sigma ones in mine and they fail to capture.

Cheers
Rob
4dr LA Lancer
CBR600rr 07
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Hey Galant_GTO, the link you posted are for honda coil overs, was this just a generic link or will these ones suit GH scorpion struts???
Also if u bought one of these kits do they come with springs or do u have to buy those separatly like the king spring ones you have?

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
A112H

Post by A112H »

Rally_2.6LC, that was just a generic link, as different models have different diameter struts I figured it would give people an idea on price. If you measre the OD of your struts he might even have something that will fit. I bought mine already converted with no springs, thats why I have kings but the kits I linked do come with springs I think, but as they will be for a different car they will more than likely be too soft or the wrong length.

r20bear, I am running Monroe Sensortrack to suit VB-VP Commodore, they are stiffer than stock and a little shorter allowing you to lower it without bottoming out the insert.