LA Lancer Rebuild (Deux)

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
sambamboo

LA Lancer Rebuild (Deux)

Post by sambamboo »

Hi all,

Well as you may have noticed I've just sold off my Blue LA Lancer 4 door, Omg what a difficult decision, anyhow the new owner (who is an old poster on these forums) loves it, and has driven it back from Sunny / Floody QLD to Victoria.
Should you read this Rob, all the best mate and take care of your new Toy.

Which brings me to my new/old project, My Yellow 2 Door LA Coupe. Its been sitting in my parent shed in Adelaide for the past 10 years or so and is in need of some TLC. i need to get it to QLD somehow in the next couple of months to restart some work on it. just as an update, to bring you up to speed, I'll post some thumbnails of the build so far.

ImageImageImageImage

These are the original shots of my LA Stripped to the bones around 12 years ago before being sent to Toowomba, for some much needed love and attention in the paint department. unfortunately owing to finances, and some shoddy workmanship the car now (although looking quite nice) has an excess of body filler in it which needs to be addressed.

While the Coupe was in Toowomba, I relocated to Wollongong in NSW and when the job was finally complete they sent it to me in a Shipping container tied down with 2 pieces of thin nylon rope, (luckily no damage).
they also butchered the bonnet... but more on that later. Here's some thumbs of its arrival at my Wollongong home... Oh, i had hair then ..and a dog (both are gone now :/)

ImageImageImage

More to come...
DanTurboLancer

Re: LA Lancer Rebuild (Deux)

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Hi sambamboo,
A real shame you had to sell the 4 door!
Also shame about the Dog, and Hair ;)

Great to see your 2 door is going to get a full reserection!!

Mate start a Build thread in the build section and show us all your pics and work as you go

Looking forward to seeing more.
sambamboo

Post by sambamboo »

Can i be moved?
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Sure thing mate, ill do it for you if you like?
Or you can leave this one here so we can discuss in the Lancer section,
and then also have a build page
Then you could open EDIT and copy and paste your first post to a new build.
Either way no sweat
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Looks nice. That yellow, in the pics after it is resprayed, is an identical yellow to what my first LA 4 door I had was (the previous owner who was a spray painter, painted it a different yellow to the original factory yellow).

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
sambamboo

Post by sambamboo »

Sweet.. I'll do the copy and pasting and switch it over.

Aye its a striking color Nath..its very thin however being a straight yellow tint from what i remember will be another thing that needs to be looked into.