Different carby options for turbo

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
havocgtr

Different carby options for turbo

Post by havocgtr »

Has anyone here ever changed the standard CD175 on there turbo to something different (not injection) like a sidedraught weber or twin su setup
1981 Scorp NOW Turboed , T04B , Magna Head , Recurved Dizzy , No balance shafts , :D
1992 Triton 2WD + Extractors & 2 1/4" exhaust + 32/36 weber = Daily driver and run around family car
drsigma

Re: Different carby options for turbo

Post by drsigma »

Yeah i have a 45mm weber on mine with a custom manifold it works very well.
havocgtr

Post by havocgtr »

Awsome is there any chance you would have some more closer pics of the manifold/carb to turbo adapter and also if you could tell me what chokes jets and air correction jets you are using and how much better it performs over the CD175
1981 Scorp NOW Turboed , T04B , Magna Head , Recurved Dizzy , No balance shafts , :D
1992 Triton 2WD + Extractors & 2 1/4" exhaust + 32/36 weber = Daily driver and run around family car
drsigma

Post by drsigma »

I will take some more closer pics tomorrow as well as the other specs, i dont know about the other CD175 as i have only had the Weber running on it.
havocgtr

Post by havocgtr »

That would be awsome thx mate
havocgtr

Post by havocgtr »

hey how did you go getting thse closer pics and carby info???
DragonCypher

Post by DragonCypher »

I'm very interested on what jets you have in the weber and what psi its running + anything else thats different from stock

Also have you ever had problems not running an air filter? (assuming there isnt foam type filters inside the ram tubes)

Cheers,
Chris
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

havocgtr

Post by havocgtr »

Does anyone have any idea at all as to what setting to use (chokes/jets etc)
drsigma

Post by drsigma »

Sorry about that just plain forgot as for the Weber its a 45mm DCOE 13 with 38 choke size a idler jet of 45/f8 and a main jet 125 Emulsion Tube f2 and a pump jet of 50 i think i will have to pull it out to check it. Oh yeah about the air cleaner i have not been able to run one it just sucks it in and runs like shit! I am currently running about 18 to 20 psi with bp ultmate and a/f ratio is sweet as but if i run more i have a water methanol injection setup i turn on so i hope this helps you out. :)

PS: sorry about the crusty pic as the old girl has been put on the back burner for a while. :(
DragonCypher

Post by DragonCypher »

So......... back burner eh?

does that mean you'd sell it? :mrgreen:

I CALL FIRST DIBS
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

drsigma

Post by drsigma »

Dont know yet wondering weather to split it up for parts or put the running gear in the ge or the galant too many choices. :?
DragonCypher

Post by DragonCypher »

So just curiously.. was it as astron 1 head with astron 2 rocker cover?

Or did you custom fit the inlet onto an astron 2 head?

PS: I think you should sell that weber to me 8-)

havocgtr

Post by havocgtr »

Thx HEAPS for that mate makes it easy for me got a weber with all the same specs only differance is its got 30mm ckokes and 145 main jets and i kinda worked out the chokes were to small all by myself lol
drsigma

Post by drsigma »

DragonCypher wrote:So just curiously.. was it as astron 1 head with astron 2 rocker cover?

Or did you custom fit the inlet onto an astron 2 head?

PS: I think you should sell that weber to me 8-)
It is a astron 2.6 with a Magna head as the ports are bigger as you know and it is a bog stock head too and the inlet manifold is modified to fit the Magna head. After all Magna's were good for something i spose! lol :lol: