carburetters

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
natosig

carburetters

Post by natosig »

hey guys ive got a quick question to ask i just got a nice shiny 45mm delortto carb and manifold today.I have a fair idea how to mount it up and what not but the problem i c is with the accelerator cable and the linge on the new carb seems to be the other way round from the original standard carb set up have any of u done this type of carb conversion before any hint or tricks be greatly appriated thanks
84 gk sigma
A112H

Re: caruretters

Post by A112H »

Cottees
Admin

Re: caruretters

Post by Cottees »

A112H wrote:Do you have one of these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-LINKAGE- ... 4cf9240d5c
I have one of these from this seller for my side draft 40mm Dell'Orto. Both the kit and seller are good.
natosig

Re: carburetters

Post by natosig »

i sure do do have 1 of those cottees do you have any info or now about thoses dellortos please call 0414376343 nathan if got most of it sused out few litle bits and pieces to sort out any help will be great as im not a mecanic just having a go of doing it my self
84 gk sigma
natosig

Post by natosig »

mines a lil diferent to that pic but very simalar mines a 45 mm delortto
84 gk sigma
natosig

Post by natosig »

the thing i im having prob with is the accelerator cable they are diferent im just asking if people have these type of carbs and wat they done to get the cable working properly
84 gk sigma
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

My Dell'Orto is still sitting in the back of my LC waiting for me to get the engine machined. So I haven't dealt with the accelerator cable yet.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

When I attached the accelerator cable to my set up, I pulled the cable guide/linkage from an old solex, measured a few random things then welded it to one of those bits that clamps to the shaft.
-Can grab a picture if you want? Doesn't look like I have any at hand.

PS: Might pay to get rid of your phone number, this is a public area after all.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
natosig

Post by natosig »

yea matea photo would be gud thanks yea the privete messege thing isnt working for me but thanks did u notice much of agian in power and drive ability
84 gk sigma
81GL

Post by 81GL »

Should be able to grab one tomorrow for you.

Hmm, that's a bit odd. Try sending a msg (to me or another mod), If you keep having issues please let one of us know so we can work out what's going on :thumpsup:

As for noticing a gain, bit unfair to compare as I'm currently running the twin side draughts. Over standard I'm sure you will get a bit more poke out of it though.
-With anything N/A it's all about multiple modifications being tuned to a common goal that will yield results.
natosig

Post by natosig »

cheers yea im hoping it goes a bit beter from standard wne get the exhaust and extractors done to just try pm went send says intened recipients do not exist so maybe im doin something wrong im not to sure
84 gk sigma
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

natosig wrote:just try pm went send says intened recipients do not exist
Easy mistake, you are putting the subject in the Recipient field.

The first field (big one) is the Recipient, the smaller field below that is the Subject.

Cheers.
81GL

Post by 81GL »

Here's a picture. Please excuse the dust & cr@9 everywhere, haven't driven the thing in way too long, let alone had a chance to work on it lol.

That's what I ended up doing, I'm sure there would be some other easier options that people have come up with.

Also worth a mention for those running twins - That's using the factory Alfa Romeo linkage between the carbs, lengthened a small amount; so!!! much better than running those individual turn buckles to each carb.
natosig

Post by natosig »

thank you for the photo i dont think that set up will work in my situation as the buterflys in the carb are the other way around. they turn down from looking at the top of the carb were as the accel cable pulls the other way ive got a few ideas but still un sure if it will work ill find away tho .
84 gk sigma
81GL

Post by 81GL »

Butterflies will be the same. You have the half moon wheel thingo mounted facing the front; as your meant to so the idle adjust screw still works.

Just flip one of those arms on the shaft underneath the shaft, so it pushes toward the carb. May not be pushing on a very good angle at that point though, so might need to dummy fit it all.
natosig

Post by natosig »

oh ok thats another option im goin to try and use the litle bracket from origanal crab and make another litle bracket to bolt to that half moon thhing it should work with a litle mucking around but if no il definitly try that aproach hope to have it running to moro as i have a day of work also started polishing bits and peices round the bay it all cuming up gud thanks for ur advice 81 gh
84 gk sigma
natosig

Post by natosig »

hey guys, so done some more work on the car i have throtle cable sused out and all back together, and even got it started but theres a lot of fuel coming back out the carb and dripping through the air filter hmm ???? it runs but not very well ive turned some of those gold scews on top of the carb but it still driping wen its goin I got the carb seconed hand off a member from this site but didnt get any intstructions as to wat screw does wat i will try GEM parts were the carb come from to see if i can get any info im glad it goes now but its ruf as any help would be fantastic thanks
84 gk sigma
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Fuel running out the filter typically means one of 3 things.

1. Too much fuel pressure.

2. Float level too high.

3. Needle and seat stuffed.

Check these out first.

Cheers.
natosig

Post by natosig »

thank u im still useing the standard fuel punp tho how do i check the other options the carb has been siting awile could that be any couse for the needle and seat
84 gk sigma