nitrous oxide

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
natosig

nitrous oxide

Post by natosig »

im just curios prob stupid question but has any one ever put nos into an astron motor and was it worh the time and effort just an idea at the moment
84 gk sigma
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: nitrous oxide

Post by Scorpma82 »

Yeah i've been pondering about this idea too!

I think from memory, Super Cheap Auto sells a DIY kit suited for carburettor 4cyl models for about $1000....they were about a 100hp shot.

The other thing u can do is ring people like NOS and NX and see what product suits ur needs most, see if they sell direct to public and if not....ask who ur local dealership is

I've even purchased HASNOS number plates in the anticipation of racing Nitrous Oxide :D
Built with pride, Driven in anger
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

Oznos do a kit that will bolt on with the aid of a dgv weber adapter

I wouldnt go spraying 100hp into an astron unless it was very healthy

rule of thumb, if std engine is in good condition you take the flywheel hp and divide by 2 and that what you can add in n2o
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

if im correct, standard astrons have 86kw at the fly wheel, i could be wrong
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
natosig

Post by natosig »

oh ok didnt no super cheap did this stuff thanks for ur advice guys as i say just an idea at the mo but i think any more than 75 hp kit will prob blow my motor to bits i want to keep it old school and carbs and not turbo it like heaps of other poeple do so nos is just another option realy
84 gk sigma
LEE

Post by LEE »

yes i have ,but only a 50hp shot , in the higher gears it can give the clutch hell, but its been good , you can get kits made but mine is on an efi with a fogger nozzle you might be able to drill and tap a plate and go from there , efi kits start at $650 , but rule of thumb , find who is your nearest fill station and find out how much it will cost you(i get it at $10 per lb ,most places charge between 13-15 )
and keep it at half the stock bhp figure ie if a 2.6 puts out 100bhp only run a 50hp shot
natosig

Post by natosig »

thanks for that info mate does the 50 shot give the car more of a puch is it worth the bang for bucks as i say just an idea so trying to get as much info on it as posible atm be fore i spend the dollars
84 gk sigma
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

id say 50hp at the push of a button would be a good punch.....even if the motor made 200hp....50hp is still a 25% increase instantly....a good increase in anyones book i'd imagine

The only thing i'd be worried about is using the Nitrous often enough that you get used to it and eventually become reliant on it
Built with pride, Driven in anger
LEE

Post by LEE »

big notice on a boosted car , but yeah it does kick in hard , lower gears are wheel spin on NA motor is really drag only, i use mine under 4psi boost to conteract lag from a large turbine