4 Extra bolts on the head?

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
DragonCypher

4 Extra bolts on the head?

Post by DragonCypher »

I'm just wondering what these 4 bolt holes are used for:

I can't seem to find any pictures where its being used for anything other than a lift point when using an engine crane
'81 GJ Scorp: Donated to a mate for a 2JZ Turbo project.
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

Superscan811

Re: 4 Extra bolts on the head?

Post by Superscan811 »

I have no idea what they are used for but remember, these engines are also used in forklifts, small trucks etc.

Cheers.
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

Some scorpions with power steering run a pulley which is mounted using those threads.
DragonCypher

Post by DragonCypher »

Cool thanks, I knew it had to be something simple.. I've just never seen a power steering setup on these cars before

I was thinking of using them to mount a bracket for holding up my supercharger
'84 Honda VT250F Integra: Daily transport, mountain racer and track bitch all in one.. damn slow in a straight line though
Future Project (on hold until I move to Melbourne in July): 2.6L Wideblock Astron 2 - Eaton M90 supercharger, draw through 45DCOE Weber.

Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

DragonCypher wrote:I was thinking of using them to mount a bracket for holding up my supercharger
Wouldn't it be better to have the SC away from the exhaust manifold, unless of course you are going to mount the SC on top of the engine and have it sticking through the bonnet.

Cheers.
DragonCypher

Post by DragonCypher »

The plan is to have it sitting in the space between the headers and strut tower.. I'll get some sort of heat shield to go over the headers which will provide some protection at least. Trying to keep it all under the bonnet too.

See I wanted to use a 45DCOE weber on an eaton M90 supercharger, when connected directly onto the back its quite long and wont fit anywhere else. I also considered putting it where the alternator is, but due to its size the cost and complexity of custom manifolding isnt worth it

Also If I put longer studs in the exhaust I can use them as well for extra support with a bracket

-
Chris

panda

Post by panda »

I once saw a pic where a custom bracket was bolted on there to support the coil packs for a wasted spark ignition system. Meant very short plug leads. :)
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

It is also used to hold the small heat shield under the carb on factory turbo.