2 4g32 carby questions !!

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Splatmarker

2 4g32 carby questions !!

Post by Splatmarker »

1. Has anybody tried to fit two 32/36 downdraught webers on a twin downdraught 4g32 chain Drive manifold ?

2. Can you get a lynx style crossover single sidedraught inlet manifold for a 4g32 chain drive?
davetrees

Re: 2 4g32 carby questions !!

Post by davetrees »

Splatmarker wrote:1. Has anybody tried to fit two 32/36 downdraught webers on a twin downdraught 4g32 chain Drive manifold ?
Not yet, but I plan to over this summer. No reason it should be difficult - just need 2 adaptor plates & fabricate some linkages. (I have a set of the stock twin Solex downdraft carbs I plan to cannibalize the linkages from.)

I'm not sure whether it will be a better setup in terms of power/response than the single 32/36 I have on there now, or a single 34ADM or something ..... only way to find out will be to do it & then stick it on the dyno.
Splatmarker

Post by Splatmarker »

I got the carbies and adaptor plates and can get the manifold, I wonder if it would be better than a single sidedraught ? hmm
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Splatmarker wrote:I got the carbies and adaptor plates and can get the manifold, I wonder if it would be better than a single sidedraught ? hmm
My guess would be probably yes ..... certainly much more drivable on the street. Sidedraught Weber-type carbs are a PITA on a road car, and singles more so than twins. Progressive downdraught carbs are far easier to live with.
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

davetrees wrote:
Splatmarker wrote:I got the carbies and adaptor plates and can get the manifold, I wonder if it would be better than a single sidedraught ? hmm
My guess would be probably yes ..... certainly much more drivable on the street. Sidedraught Weber-type carbs are a PITA on a road car, and singles more so than twins. Progressive downdraught carbs are far easier to live with.
would have to say correctly set up they are fine, drove my lancer with 45's for years no issues, (and 2 x GB's with 45's before that, but you have to jet and choke correctly!!!!!) they are far superior to the twin solex down drafts on modified engines, a single sidedraft just looks lonely :( not worth the hassles and cost on stock engines (twin sidedrafts) go the downdrafts.
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...