Modded 32 anyone?

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
ted

Modded 32 anyone?

Post by ted »

Hi all,

Just curious to if anyone has put a decent amount of coin into a 4g32 if so SHOW ME!!!! hahaha
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Re: Modded 32 anyone?

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

They all look like the same motor.....except worked ones are normally accompanied by twin webers and extractors, all teh coin is inside where we cant appreciate it.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

^^^^Dude speaks the truth^^^^
If you were pull my Saturn down you could see where the rods have been ground and polished in the ballancing process, but that's about it. I guess you might notice the port matching if you pulled the manifolds off too. And yeah, twin carbs, extractors and a lumpy idle are a dead give-away :) Being left at the lights is a pretty sure sign too :D
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
colta51

Post by colta51 »

lol i cant wait! :P
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
ted

Post by ted »

hahaha you lot are funny im actually more after what people have done and how much power your making im well aware of internal mods not being visible im a mechanic hahaha
rob020

Post by rob020 »

:D
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
krohny

Post by krohny »

as far as money goes, no (but thats cause im very resourceful) but give me a couple of months and ill have a g32b running:
1mm oversize high comp pistons
ported head
stage 3 cam
twin webbers or dellortos (whichever i can get cheapest)
custom built extractors
custom 2 1/4inch exhaust
and ill chuck a full set of race bearings in it for peace of mind..
have no idea on power figures or anything (ill let you know when i know) all i do know is it should boogie in a stripped out LB, and if it doesnt there is always the turbo manifold waiting patiently in the garage.. turbo fed twin side draughts should be interesting..
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

^^rob beat me to it, that is my old turbo saturn engine, went as well as my stock starion turbo hahaha fair better than a saturn with side draft carbies etc. went well and was cheap to build!
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Lancie

Post by Lancie »

^^that's a suck-through turbo setup, right?

is setting up a suckthrough turbo easy? like you just have to built custom exhaust manifold for the turbo to seat on, and bolt the carby infront of the turbo with adapter plate, redirecting the output of the turbo to the intake manifold, and voila!! how about the thing they called "water spray" on the turbo for the suckthrough setup?

cheers!
ted

Post by ted »

Krohny yours will be a cranky bit of gear!!! that turbo set-up looks awesome!! any power figures? and how much boost you were running? yeah its a suck through set up and if your keen on water/metho injection its used to keep intake temps down under higher boost levels due to there being no cooler mind you intake temps do tend
to keep down more with a suck through setup due to fuel being in the intake boost charge. a mate of mine ran a l200 with a 4g63 and lpg turbo set up and he had to run it around 15 pound because it was starting to ping abit It was QUICK!!!
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

i used to boost it up to around 15psi. i reckon it was around 80/85rwkw. if i knew what i do now back then i could have had it going better.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

i havent got the turbo kit on anything yet, but ive got a flojet pump i was gunna use for water injection :thumpsup:
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
ted

Post by ted »

Id be happy with 85 rwkw for sure i plan on running 15-20psi but im running straight LPG and a t25 (for now) im VERY curious to how its going to perform with the set up im going to run Ive got a mate that runs a vl wagon on 22psi (N/A bottom end) with a hx 35 holset turbo. heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfFsKOpxli8 it goes off
he is also setting up my galant
HoonBoy

Post by HoonBoy »

Most I got was 158rwhp....
rob020

Post by rob020 »

ive got a simple mixer complex convertor lpg setup ive been playing with... havent decided what im gunna turbo with it yet
definately makes tuning far simpler though

every australian should get the lpg government rebate at least once too :thumpsup:
ted

Post by ted »

What setup were you running hoonboy? Yeah i agree Rob ive got a bloke that will stamp the system so i can get the rebate lol
LPG turbo can be an awesome thing!!!
HoonBoy

Post by HoonBoy »

Twin cam head, 45mm webers, 1770cc's and a shot of nitrous :)
ted

Post by ted »

SHIT!! that would be a fun bit of gear!!!