Who owns a poojero? MAster cylinder questions

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Who owns a poojero? MAster cylinder questions

Post by astronturbo77 »

Hey, Ive been led to believe that mitsubishi pajero master cylinders are a direct bolt on upgrade to a stock LA lancer brake booster.... This is just a rumour I've heard over at performance forums.. From a bit of research, they all seem to be 15/16ths bore size, and they come in cast steel (earlier models) and aluminium (later models). I'd really like to know if any members own pajero's and if they could please measure the bolt spacing from center to center. Apparently they are a two bolt horizontal mount?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Cottees
Admin

Re: Who owns a poojero? MAster cylinder questions

Post by Cottees »

Not sure about the Pajero, but apparently the Patrol GQ's master cylinder is a straight swap for the LA-LC Lancers. I have yet to try it out. Will have a look next time I go to U-Pull-It.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Cottees wrote:Not sure about the Pajero, but apparently the Patrol GQ's master cylinder is a straight swap for the LA-LC Lancers. I have yet to try it out. Will have a look next time I go to U-Pull-It.
For a GH Scorpion vacuum booster, you have to slot the holes in the GQ master cylinder a bit to make it fit.

Also, because there are 4 bolts in the Scorpion vacuum booster, you have to remove a bit of aluminium at the top and bottom.
Nothing structural, just a bit to make it fit.
I also made up some special washers to allow me to use all 4 bolts to hold the master cylinder onto the booster.

I like to err on the side of caution.

Will post a few pics tomorrow to show what I mean.

Cheers.
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

I have brought a pajero master, DB1762, 15/16th's diameter. Its for a disc brake rear (going disc rear anyway) It's not a direct bolt onto the factory lancer booster, but with a bit of work should fit. I'm hoping that the smaller cylinder will up the hydraulic leverage and work better? I'm assuming the pedal will have more travel but a better feel than the stock BA 1 inch master?

now ive got two options, adapt the poojero item to fit the standard lancer booster, the stock booster is a fucking small thing, looks very similar to a 180b one, or adapt the master to the fire wall and use a remote booster and only have boosted fronts?

superscan... ive been told you are the guy to help me with this...? Im also using stock BA twin piston front calipers and rotors, and plan on using BA rears aswell..
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Not sure if the engine bay in the LA is the same as the LC, but a GH-GJ brake booster looks to fit. You'd just have to drill 4 holes for the booster to mount to the fire wall.
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

found this... Image looks very similar to the stock one!
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

astronturbo77 wrote:found this... Image looks very similar to the stock one!
Know what bore size, and what car it's from?
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

inch bore size, looks identical to a short wheel base patrol one that hoonboy had on his car!