vented/slotted sigma rotors

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

vented/slotted sigma rotors

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Hey all I was just wondering if there is a standard diameter vented and or slotted rotor setup for Sigma's?
If vented are they the same width?
I have heard rumours that DBA have some but i had a quick look and couldnt find anything, maybe im looking in the wrong spot.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
panda

Re: vented/slotted sigma rotors

Post by panda »

No Sigma's ever came out with vented rotors, but swapping your Sigma struts for Starion struts will do the job as Starions all had vented rotors.
DBA do make a slotted Sigma rotor, but its not vented.

panda
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
luke77

Post by luke77 »

The only problem with going down the path of fitting starion stuts/brakes etc is the availability of new rotors. We rally a Starion and I tried chasing up new front rotors (standard and slotted) and none of the major suppliers (RDA, DBA, Silverline etc etc) carry stock or will specially order :banh:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand, smoke in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming -WOO HOO! What a Ride!"
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

luke77 wrote:The only problem with going down the path of fitting starion stuts/brakes etc is the availability of new rotors. We rally a Starion and I tried chasing up new front rotors (standard and slotted) and none of the major suppliers (RDA, DBA, Silverline etc etc) carry stock or will specially order
EBAY

A Few Slotted and cross drilled

A Standard one

Another standard one

Cheers.
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Would these rotors fit straight onto a Sigma or are there differences between Sigma's and Starion's?

I found this same seller also has the same rotors for "Plymouth Sapporo" if ive been told correctly these are the same as the Scorpions. Are Scorpion and Sigma (ive got GH sigma struts) the same?
Are all Sapporo's 4 stud? As the same 5 stud photo is shown on these and they haven't replied to any of the 2 emails ive sent them.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Rally_2.6LC wrote:Would these rotors fit straight onto a Sigma or are there differences between Sigma's and Starion's?

Cheers Matt
4 stud starion and later than GE sigmas use the same hub so yes they will bolt on
the starion calipers have different mounts
cheater