1974 la lancer

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
DanTurboLancer

Re: 1974 la lancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Great run Tim!

How much boost are your running to make the 380HP?

And would you mind sharing the specs on the cam grind?
I am rebuilding mine now
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Check out the newest Zoom magazine
(Has a Red Skyline with bonnet off and TTV8 on cover)

Towards the back, we have another members vehicle with a photo in a mag!
900BER
TRV28
Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke

Post by TRV28 »

It has been a while since i updated about this build. after breaking another supra box i decided to change gearboxes.

i originally thought to go automatic with transbrake but lots of enqiries with people left me with no answers, $800 out of pocket with a transbrake kit that wont resell and totally frustrated with the ignorance of people in the automotive industry.

i was left with one solution, stick with manual i know enough to make them work without requiring help off anyone. i looked into what gearboxes are available and found rb25det manual is strong(500+rwhp) and still shifts good(not to hard to shift quickly) with abundant supply of replacement parts available.

i bought a gearbox from import shop then spoke to dellows who made me an adaptor plate, and with the use of a 5 puck solid centre brass button clutch and heavy duty pressure plate to suit skyline, i will make a hybrid flywheel to couple skyline transmission to 2.6 sigma block.

hyraulic clutch is on small hurdle i have left to leap. i have a few ideas but will need to figure out where i will run exhaust before i continue with that.
1974 la lancer, 1993 gq patrol ute, 1971 Chevelle Malibu.
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

What did the bellhousing cost you mate?
Which model Gearbox did you use?

Dont know if this i what you had in mind,
but might give you an idea of where to locate it.
PBR brand clutch master

TRV28
Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke

Post by TRV28 »

i have master cylinder from proton satria i will fit it to same place as yours

i might get the same master as the one you have though it looks morte heat resistant mine has plastic resivor.

is that the master they sell for hydralic brakes on boat trailers? is it 3/4 sleeve? looks like the one i put on my xf falcon when i did hydralic clutch conversion to it.

i need 5/8 sleeve and 22mm throw to suit skyline slave cylinder.

adaptor plate cost $800 i could have made it myself for a tenth of the price as i have access to laser cutter but i didnt have cnc measurments for bolt holes and couldnt seem to find anyone who would share the info.
1974 la lancer, 1993 gq patrol ute, 1971 Chevelle Malibu.
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

What auto box were you going with?
My car dropped from 11.9 to an 11.4 when it went from a ford toploader to the powerglide. I now run 10.5 with a 1.48 60 foot.
RB25 box is good but the toyota r154 may have been an easier path. There are bellhousings already out there and the r154 with a few mods will live behind a 600hp drag 2j quite reliably. They are a pretty notchy box, I have one in my stock jza70 supra.
GD Galant Wagon 2.6 T04E powerglide - 10.51@124,
GD Galant Sedan Starion powered