My Rides GB Galant 4dr, GC Galant Coupe and GN Sigma Wagon

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
woops

My Rides GB Galant 4dr, GC Galant Coupe and GN Sigma Wagon

Post by woops »

I've been part of the sigma-galant community on the old and new forums and i thought it was about time to share my rides.

GN Sigma wagon
The sigma is the first car i ever owned since about 2001 and came with a stock 2.6 auto. A mate had a spare 2L turbo starion engine that was always planned to go in but a majorly leaking auto saw the car come off the road to undergo the engine transplant. It's still a long running working progress but should be moving in a few months. I have new parts to replace all the exterior plastic and door handles to make the exterior look brand new after the paint is finished.

Current Specs:
4g63 SOHC turbo engine
sonata multipoint manifold
xf throttle body
450x300 Intercooler
Custom stereo install
starion front brakes
gh front end conversion
and many other smaller mods

Headlight conversion before painting

Engine bay painted

Engine Installed

Intercooler bracket made and other parts installed

Boot install

GB Sedan
The GB sedan is at the moment a daily and have owned it for 18 months. It's completely original and is pretty good nick outside and almost perfect inside and pretty sure it's been garaged most of it's life. I'm tossing up if i do this one up as well as the coupe or just make the coupe the high performance one and leave this stock standard. First thing i will do is put the TRX or Pepper pots on there and replace the crappy stock brakes with some VT commodore brakes.

And my most recent acquisition has been the GC coupe. It needs a bit of work to make it perfect again but it's a pretty good starting point. The interior needs a little bit of a tidy up but it will be getting a full bare metal respray and clean up of rust spots and the average paint job. It currently has a twin carb 2L engine in it which needs work but i already have all the parts to fix that if i want to.

Plans would be a most likely a 2L or 2.4 DOHC turbo engine but it will be a long term build once the sigma is finished.

Thankfully i have a couple of parts cars which i can scavenge parts from for the builds so i hopefully won't have to deal with the wreckers.
Last edited by woops on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
psshhhht

Re: My GB Galant 4dr, GC Galant Coupe and GN Sigma Wagon

Post by psshhhht »

far out man, that boot install is sweet! That's gonna look so cool when it's done!
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
woops

Re: My GB Galant 4dr, GC Galant Coupe and GN Sigma Wagon

Post by woops »

Thanks. A fair bit of time went into all that. The hardest was the top speaker pods as it required to have all the right angles and shape to make them from 5 pieces of MDF and then go along and plane and smooth out all the corners. Wasn't too keen on using fiberglass as i saw too many dodgy jobs from people with little experience. There is a battery in one of those side boxes and access to the jack and accessories in the other. It was my first time working with MDF and I'm no tradie either so everything was self taught.
woops

Re: My Rides GB Galant 4dr, GC Galant Coupe and GN Sigma Wagon

Post by woops »

Finally got around to fitting some pepperpots to the gb after what feels like an eternity of polishing them at home.

I think i need to lower it and to suit the wheels and give the car another polish. I think the wheels have pretty much changed the nanna spec theme and i'm still deciding about keeping the visor on or taking it off and putting it into storage.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I haven't seen a GB with pepperpots that I've liked before. Maybe it's the colour or something but that looks great :thumpsup:
Now you just need to lose the pea shooter exhaust pipe... :lol:
Those bumpers look pretty straight to, how is the car for rust? Looks clean as.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

nice collection dude and nice colour choice for the siggie.
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
woops

Post by woops »

75wagon wrote:I haven't seen a GB with pepperpots that I've liked before. Maybe it's the colour or something but that looks great :thumpsup:
Now you just need to lose the pea shooter exhaust pipe... :lol:
Those bumpers look pretty straight to, how is the car for rust? Looks clean as.

Dave...
Thanks. I had the choice here between the pepperpots, turbo mags and some trx mags and i thought the peppers look the best.

And yeah the bumpers are in perfect nick. I have a little suspicion that it was in a really minor bingle and repaired properly through out it's years. Looking very closely at the right angle the rear is pressed in by about half a cm in the centre behind the bumper and up the front the body deadener around the bumper bracket in the wheel arch is slightly different from the left to the right. That could be part of the reason for their really good condition as the bumpers would have need repair or replacing. Also the car is in very good shape all round with a couple of small bits of rust in the rear quarters and a very small bog repair job from the previous owners in the front quarter. Have to get around to those before they get any worse but as a daily it's kinda hard to take it off the road for a week or so. Have to get the sigma on the road to repair the rust on the gb.
Last edited by woops on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.18u

Post by www.18u »

Any updates on the sigma? I was wondering where you put the oil cooler?