new adelaide guy

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
mrcyborg

new adelaide guy

Post by mrcyborg »

Hi guys and girls,
My name is simon, live in adelaide obviously. just in the middle of purcashing hope to be fun little toy. its a 1981 import lancer a172a, currently has a 2.6lt with twin 45's, some sigma turbo rims, loud exhuast, funny red and whit pearly type paint. hope to pick it up this weekend, so will post some pics up for you all.

i have been playing with later model mitsis for long time now, have a project cb gsr two door hatch with turbo 4g61t motor quite well modded, also have a import 1987 mirage cyborg sedan, looks boring but goes hard, i have quite well modded this one to, it runs a evo 2 motor bigger turbo, stocky evo gear for other stuff, vr4 drive train at the moment custom mech rear lsd, twin plate clutch, evo brakes and more.

anyway, hope to get some pics up and start having a search around. i am quite the modaholic so im sure it wont stay as it is.

cheers simon.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: new adelaide guy

Post by 81GL »

Welcome to the site mate.

Hmm... sounds like you better post up some pic's of the other toys as well.

Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

More Adelaide people YAY :D :D :lol:

should come to the next cruise should be early - mid december

welcome and have fun oh and read the how to post pics section whenever you get to it :lol:

Cheers Undies91
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
oh and fuel injected turbo
mrcyborg

Post by mrcyborg »

yes thats the one, i should be picking it up sunday. not sure on the colours as yet, but we'll see what its like. it might grow on me. just wanted something a little older for a project.
will post up some picture when i get it for you all.
should some pictures of my other cars also.

would be cool to come on a cruz and meet some people, i am a little paranoid about it getting defected though, it does stand out pretty bad. can we bring a datto along? my mate has an old stanza he is doing up slowly also.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Welcome to the site.....
Keen to see photos too.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

any car is welcome as long as we beat sydney with the turnout :lol:
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
colta51

Post by colta51 »

hey mate! great to c sum more adeladians!
lets c sum piks!!!!
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Undies91 wrote:any car is welcome as long as we beat sydney with the turnout :lol:

haha abit of friendly rivalry is good :D

Cant wait to see your pics MRCYBORG

Welcome mate

Dan
mrcyborg

Post by mrcyborg »

Ok guys here we are, after a super slow drive back due to a crappy trailer, its home!! the more i look the more work i see needs doing!! oh well, project car i guess, but i did wana drive it around a bit. here we are guys:

well, so far the plans are to fit some different recaro seats out of my other car, at the moment seems these guys are welded in place!!
pick up the door trims and fit, fit divers side window reg and get that working, and a new set of locks!! the current ones are crap. then probably drive it a little, then start some bigger plans......
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Nice ride, get 3months rego on it and drive it for a bit, that way ya can see what its like to drive and find out what need's doing to it and what ya want to do to it.

I know what ya mean about the more ya look at it the more ya see that needs doing, i pulled my GK off the road to upgrade the brakes and that was a year ago... kept finding stuff i didnt like and its still on stands.

Hope to seeya at one of the cruise's sometime.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

Very nice, doesn't seem to bad on a whole though?

Lol... getting carried away; isn't that what its all about :lol:
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

These Lancers are great looking cars.
Looks like you've got yourself a good project.....
Love the twin webers, wish I had some....
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

my mate was gunna travel to buy this missed out on it though, nice buy man.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
panda

Post by panda »

Welcome Simon to our forum. Seems like you need to fit a turbo just to match those decals on the front spoiler lol.
But hey, its another one saved, & you are to be congratulated for that alone.

panda (also from SA)
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

Nice lil lancer

bit of TLC and she'll be tops :D

Cheers Undies91
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
mrcyborg

Post by mrcyborg »

thanks for all the kind words guys, i am pretty excited to get into it, although i am pretty slow with car work these days as i have a family and all, and work to much, but hey, love the cars.
sux a bit though not being able to drive it, the bloody seat rails are welded in there spot!! and the guy that had it must have been huge!!
so they have also killed the rails, so have to work something out with that, have t get some universal rails and make something.
also have to install the drivers side window reg and get the window working, find a window winder also. pick up door trims and install.
need to get it up on some stands and check out the brakes and under the car, the brakes feel a bit soft, but could just be old car i am not used to!
it has starion front brakes and struts i am told, has standard drum brake rear end at the moment, but i have an import a175a turbo disc brake rear mech lsd rear diff to install. but need to find some hand brake cables to use with it. might have to look into some starion ones i think.
will be hitting the u pull it wrecker this weekend for sure!!
i have way to many ideas of turbo engines and big brakes, but will stay with the webbers for now, even been toying the idea of building a twin webber twin cam 4g61 or 4g63 motor. something different.
oh, just to help with the nasty thoughts, i work for a big jap importer here in adelaide!
cheers simon.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

mrcyborg wrote:i work for a big jap importer here in adelaide!
Really?
That's interesting...
You'll be alot of people in SA's best friend :lol:
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

yea i might pester you in a few months or when i get another car :lol: :P :D
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
mrcyborg

Post by mrcyborg »

yes it seems lots of people become your "mate"
we have heaps of nissan gear which is a big thing there, not much old stuff, all the old mitsi gear pre vr4 i will be buying now!!
panda

Post by panda »

mrcyborg wrote: but need to find some hand brake cables to use with it. might have to look into some starion ones i think.
Starion hand brake cables are virtually non-existant, either new or second-hand. They need to be custom made & cost hundreds of dollars each. Better to go for late model sigma, & get them modified if you can.

Good Luck,

panda (your new friend maaaate !!)
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
A112H

Post by A112H »

Car looks great mate. Good luck with the build
mrcyborg

Post by mrcyborg »

hey galant GTO do you own a gto? i love them so bad, i missed one a year or so back on ebay, a red one. love them!

well everyone i grabbed the trader plate from work tonight and decided to take it for a spin!!
worked out how i could move the seat a little so i could drive it ok, damn that thing is loud!! badly needs something done with the exhuast! real pitty the webbers arent tuned better either, it does go very well for what it is, but a tune would make it so much better. over all its decent, i keep finding more and more things i wana do to it. have been reading the nz oldschool forum and learning lots about them. but after my drive, i do feel more like i would like the turbo efi setup, i have been offered a starion cheap, and i have access to some other goodies so we'll see how we go. manly i need to get other cars going, so far i own four cars, and only have one going that the missus drives and it s main family ride so i dont touch it much. but i need one going for me to drive. but working hard, so shouldnt be to long i hope!! will try to find some pictures of my other rides sometime to post.
simon.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

If you want some inspiration, check this out......
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... 89&start=0
You wont be disapointed....
This is all class.....
Make sure you look at both pages......
mrcyborg

Post by mrcyborg »

yes discovered that forum the other day, and spent some time drooling over that car. its just so so tidy!! pitty our sigma never came with 4g63.
but after driving it, i think i might take it down the turbo path. i know turbo and efi setups well so would make my life easier also. have a engine and box i should be taking a look at sometime so will see what happens there,
will also be hitting the u pull it wreckers next weekend (hangover to bad today) so will be doing some research and grabbing some odds and ends anyway. as soon as i can get one of my other cars happening ill be getting into it soon.
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

that nz lancer is awesome.
love all the hpc coating.
would love to have the cash to do that.

mrcyborg, i hope your taking notes lol
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

mrcyborg

Post by mrcyborg »

yes lots of notes, but i also lack in cash, but usually seem to make things happen anyway. bad time of life at the moment money wise also. that and having three cars as projects is just not good.
sadly at the moment too i have three that i cant drive as a daily!! and i am borrowing my bros car, i hope to have one going soon to drive daily wise.

but i have been offered a very very cheap starion 4g62 turbo motor and gearbox! so i might have a direction happening for it already. will keep you all posted. possibly swapping out some wheels also!