10th and 11th July 2010 Wakefield Park Raceway - Regularity

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
regina

10th and 11th July 2010 Wakefield Park Raceway - Regularity

Post by regina »

10th and 11th July 2010 Wakefield Park Raceway - Regularity Enduro

Howdy,

My friends and i are organising a team for a Regularity Event coming up at Wakefield Park. Has anyone on here been involved in similar events that may be able to provide some hints/tips?
Will have a good variety of cars on the team, 75 lancer, ra28 Celica, Toyota T18, Toyota MR2 ect.....

Cheers,
Mick
Mick Carmody
http://reginala75.wordpress.com/
1975 LA Lancer - 4g63 - 1.13.8 Wakefield Raceway
regina

Post by regina »

Helpers.... In addition if there is anyone interested in attending, we could do with some helpers with timing ect...

cheers,
Mick
Mick Carmody
Torana68

Re: 10th and 11th July 2010 Wakefield Park Raceway - Regularity

Post by Torana68 »

pretty sure Ill be OS by then, but, if your stuck for help PM me closer to the time
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

regina wrote:10th and 11th July 2010 Wakefield Park Raceway - Regularity Enduro

Howdy,

My friends and i are organising a team for a Regularity Event coming up at Wakefield Park. Has anyone on here been involved in similar events that may be able to provide some hints/tips?
Will have a good variety of cars on the team, 75 lancer, ra28 Celica, Toyota T18, Toyota MR2 ect.....

Cheers,
Mick
with out seeing the sup regs I think it will be run the same way as the Phillip Island 6 hour - I did that event a couple of years ago
keeping to a laptime isnt as easy as it sounds - firstly you will come across slower cars and because most only do sprint days arn't use to being passed ( so beware of these guys ) they will be watching you and not what they are doing
the other problem if you get a clean lap its easy to break though your time
at PI we had a shed half way between the last turn and the finish line .so had our team could time our cars as they went over lukey heighs it can be seen from the pits and gave time to change the pit board if you were busting through there was a bit of time to get off the gas before the fininsh line

but I think the best advice is to just have fun you get a sh!t load of laps - I think I got 2 sestions of 15 laps thats a fair amount of time on PI
cheater
regina

Post by regina »

I had a look at a similar 6 hour at Winton Raceway and I saw what you are talking about, with crew advising drivers, with use of an arrow to speed up or slow down. I think thats a good idea. I just hope my car handles the temperatures, I am assuming this will be its and most cars weakness.

Cheers,
Mick
Mick Carmody
MATNES

Post by MATNES »

running it in july will help with the temps.....is winter by then

MATT