STOLEN LANCER PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
pistorf

STOLEN LANCER PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by pistorf »

I really hope that they weren't taken by any one here,but my mothers shed in Central West NSW was broken into last Wednesday night and most of my bits were taken.
Stolen were
2 44mm sidedraft Solex carbs in a factory manifold with factory (grey oval) airfilter :@
2 45DCOE Webers on LYNX manifold, The manifold is welded on the rear top mounting hole. :@
1x 4.6:1 Lancer LSD centre :@
1x #5 camshaft :@
2 sets C2 pistons and rings :@

There are other bits and pieces missing as well,but the parts listed above are the ones that are not really replacable.
Any information leading to the return of these would be greatly appreciated .
75wagon
Admin

Re: STOLEN LANCER PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 75wagon »

Bastards...

I would be spewing if someone knocked off my stuff.
I hope the value of stuff was covered by insurance, or better still, that you get them back.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

... and contact all the local cash converter type places and the local speedway club, this stuff will stick out , anyone buying it will get caught out. Hopefully not pinched to order, hopefully kids and hoping you get it all back.
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

Sheesh man :| That's one heck of a list...

Good luck mate.... least those parts will stick out a bit.

Nick
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Do you by any chance have photos or serial numbers of the items so if anyone here sees them, we can let you know?
pistorf

Post by pistorf »

Unfortunately I haver no pics or serial numbers of the bits.
They were all stuff that I have had stashed away from when I rallied my GA Galant 30 years ago.
It was hard to find then,and near impossible to replace now.
One thing I will say is,I hope the butterfly on one of the Webers comes adrift at full throttle like it did for me once and it scares the crap out of the lowlifes like it did me.
I know that they would be better off walking into a Polce station and admitting everything than having me catch them :@
Why the lancer bits only were targeted has got me stumped,as there is a shit load of Bathurst XU1 stuff in the shed as well.
Maybe they thought it was just 6 cyl Torana stuff.
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

f$%^king bastards hope you find your stuff
regina

Post by regina »

If you have the cash, or can raise it, might be worth while putting up posters for a reward. I know its a long shot, but the idiots who did this, if their mates found out they could get some money out of providing information to you it may work.

Mick
Mick Carmody
http://reginala75.wordpress.com/
1975 LA Lancer - 4g63 - 1.13.8 Wakefield Raceway
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Ah man that is really bad news!

As Torana68 said get around to some of the local places down around that area...
Try afew other web sites also, dont post the problem straight up, contacxt the Mods first about it!!!
Can i suggest "Brindabella motor sport club"
http://www.bmsc.com.au/

But the fact that they went to your Mums place and not your place, and been stashed away.
and they left behind the even more sought after Bathurst XU1 stuff....
Sounds like they will be using it rather than selling it.
And perhaps you know them?
77GDWAGON

Post by 77GDWAGON »

But the fact that they went to your Mums place and not your place, and been stashed away.
and they left behind the even more sought after Bathurst XU1 stuff....
Sounds like they will be using it rather than selling it.
And perhaps you know them?
My thoughts exactly. Who have you told or shown the parts too. I have a small collection and it has taken quite some time to accumulate.
1977 GD GALANT station wagon owned since 1988
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

there is a site were both on that dis allows user names , it has to be your name, from that it would be easy to look in your profile and then the white pages, Im thinking this is not a good idea (Im assuming that you can access the site without joining, if thats not the case the thief is a member of that site) . These parts dont need serial numbers there are none of these things for sale if they come up they are almost definately his.
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...