One Day in the Sigma

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
C_Fernance

One Day in the Sigma

Post by C_Fernance »

Had an interesting day driving the Sigma today. Had to go to Dubbo to pick up some parts so decided to make the most of it.

Left home around 8.45am and only stopped to fill up the petrol tank and check tyre pressures near home. Made it to Dubbo at 1.45pm. Decided the road was a bit too rough and that i would take the long way home instead.

Next stop was Wellington to grab some lunch and have a laugh at the old hoon trying to reach top speed down the highway - on a motorised scooter :lol: :ban:

Got to Bathurst just after 4pm. Any trip to Bathurst is not complete without a drive around Mt Panorama. The fact that is was now raining wasn't going to stop me from getting in a few laps. After getting bored of understeering my way down through the Esses I topped up the fuel tank and headed off towards Sydney.

Made a left at Lithgow and took the Bells Line of Road, Cattai Ridge Rd and down through Galston Gorge. Still hadn't had enough so I then come back up the Old Pacific before finally getting on the freeway at Gosford and cruising the rest of the way home. Got home at 8.30pm.

Ended up doing well over 900kms in just under 12hours, used 1 1/2 tanks of petrol, and got to drive some of the best driving roads in Australia. And the Sigma ran perfect the whole day. :D Who says these old cars are unreliable.
75wagon
Admin

Re: One Day in the Sigma

Post by 75wagon »

Sounds like a top Day Chris.
Wish I could have joined you.
Get any good stuff while you were at Dubbo?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

man thats alot of driving,good mileage too...
might get you to run in my car when its done... :D
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Had to pick up a NOS Galant doorskin. Should come in handy putty the wagon back together.

The Sigma is pretty good on fuel. I generally average around 10km/L with a mix of highway and city driving.
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi Chris wow that sounds like a great day driving got the cobwebs out of the old girl a nice round trip?.

Did you check any wreckers out on your travels? you must have all that way you would need yard stops

for rest. Good on you i use to have a mate a few years back live in Dubbo i had an old GE SE 2LT 5 Speed

not much to look at but ran like new she passed a lot newer cars broken down i would do the trip in a day
return also some of those back country roads are great.

To check out the farms to see what cars are about.

The shortest way to Dubbo from sydney is through Mudgee

so i would go that way return via Wellington - Bathurst - Sydney it was great fun back than petrol was about 80c Ltr

there nothing like getting out & about tracking down parts for our Galants & Sigmas & a big bonus if you get somthing you

have been after for a while.

These trips stay in your mind for ever?.

Any other S-G Members that have some great parts chasing trips or car hunting storys post them up they have been on?.

They should make great reading.

wayne ozgdgalants