fuel gauge

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
chriz312

fuel gauge

Post by chriz312 »

hey ive got a gh sigma wagon and my fuel gauge is crap as like i just filled it and it shows 1/4 tank the next day, but it dosent just happen to mine my mates does the same and he has same model car as mine...is it just gh sigmas fuel gauges that are s**t or what lol.......and does anyone no of another car thats fuel gauge will fit.

cheers Chris
dylpickle

Re: fuel gauge

Post by dylpickle »

my fuel gauge in my gn wagon is crap it dosnt even work hasnt worked since i bought it im waiting for a new one
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

Does the temp gauge play up too?
If so more than likely the voltage reg on the cluster has lost contact or is on its way out.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Or the sender in the tank everyone forgets bout them
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
l3004x4drifta

Post by l3004x4drifta »

yeah, could be a crappy earth in the dash or the sender. ive had this happen. it could be the float in the tank is fucked, and half full of petrol. this causes them to sit too low and to give a false reading. ive had this happen too..
"if a man has a thought in the forest, and his wife isnt there to hear him... is he still wrong?"
chriz312

Post by chriz312 »

im pretty sure my temp gauge works haha but who can i go and see to see if my fuel sender or floater is ruined?
just like a normal mechanic or auto electrician
l3004x4drifta

Post by l3004x4drifta »

for sure. if youre not comfortable doing it yourself then you could take it to a mechanic. preferably one that you know is good, or has been recomended to you by someone you know. you could take a look through a sigma manual and see whats involved if you check for yourself though.. or just keep putting fuel in there :P
"if a man has a thought in the forest, and his wife isnt there to hear him... is he still wrong?"