what computer

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
lemans

what computer

Post by lemans »

just got my sohc 4g63t in my 1980 gt galant reconditioned with forged pistons every thing balance and lightened lumpy cam you name it and it was done the guy who recond it wanted me to put in on the dyno once ran in. I did and the guy wouldnt go past 3800 rpm because it was so lean on fuel that it might self detinate. Have been told to go multi point injection with bigger injectors and fuel pump and new computer set up. multi point of what ? what computer ? and what else ? would love some help
75glnt

Re: what computer

Post by 75glnt »

From what I understand with the 4.0 mpi fords. Is that the injectors work when needed. Not all at once. So when he says you need multi-point injection (mpi). He means change it all over. None of your old setup (in the injection side of things) should be left??

Hope this is what you meant? If not? Ignore me :P
N/A ALL THE WAY
simon

Post by simon »

hi
I am putting a 4g63t starion motor in my la lancer. I plan on using a multi point injection manifold from an l300 van with 4g64 2.4 litre efi motor. I think evo injectors might fit but I am not sure of this yet. Then I will need an aftermarket ecu[computer] to get it to run properly. I hope I am not leading you up the garden path. Some hyundai sonatas, maybe mid to late 80s run a similar manifold . This may be of some help to you and your plans.
simon
A112H

Post by A112H »

Pretty much any top feed injectors will fit. For cheap ones go looking a Magna's or GSR Galant's and Lancer's in wrecking yards.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Greets to you lemans, welcome to the site. Do you know what kind of ECI set up your car has from factory? If it's a single injector similar to Cordia and Starion turbos, they are a nasty contraption. Cordia turbos had a reputation of running very lean once you started winding up boost (this is why a lot of Cordia turbo exhaust manifolds are cracked - from overheating). Fortunately there are multi point injection manifolds that will swap straight onto your engine. This is the easy part. You will need an aftermarket programmable computer, wiring loom and a few other items to get it running. This like your car? - http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 033#p71033