Questions

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
andrewharris88

Questions

Post by andrewharris88 »

whats bump mean in the forsale section?

how do i get a no 5 cam? or who has one the will part with

whats astron 1 & 2 mean when you guys are selling stuff? whats the engine differences? and dose this include my 4g32 engine?

these extracters, are they any good?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CHRYSLER-LANCER- ... 3efa566b75

can you run 2 solex c40 side drafts? and where can i get a manafold from.

with the 5 speed sigma gear box off a 2ltr, that is the shorter of the two right? or.....?
and dose this bolt straight on to my engine? is there anything i will need to do this? what about the clutch? the 4g32 clutch work?
http://www.tweakit.net/shop/advanced_se ... 5jd4fqnap7

some good advise please.

to few tims people say serch the sight its all there, but its not, just people talking a little about stuff that teach me nothing realy, and nothing detailed or off any real description.

thanks
colta51

Re: Questions

Post by colta51 »

astron 1 or 2 dosent hav any thing to do with 4g32 thay are a saturn motor!
the extractors look good i was thinking about them 2!
to run a no.5 cam u wood need sum serious work done to ya motor!!! chek cam speks in galant garage/engine forum!
i use to run a standed galant gearbox on a 2.6 with gc cluch thay are plenty stong y do u want to change it?

hope this helps a bit!
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

- bump is just so that the for sale post will come to the top of the section.
(post are in ascending order according to last post)

- no 5 cam, kodos recntly sold one to 75wagon, but dont know if he has any more.
he could possibly give you details....

- astron 1 and 2 are the Sigma motors , your 4g32 is a saturn

- checks daves 75wagon, he runs twin carbs unsure of what sort though....
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2742

i know alot of people say 'search the site' but if you have a specific set of questions
just post a topic and i'm sure most people will be glad to help...
have a look on the old site too.... fair bit of info there...
http://www.sigma-galant.com/archive/mod ... ame=Forums

hope that helps....
Dean.
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

77galantv6 wrote:- checks daves 75wagon, he runs twin carbs unsure of what sort though....
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2742
I think he's after weber style side draughts.... I think I read this somewhere before..

I haven't put the no.5 cam in my car yet to see what it does (read lazy)

there are 2 five speeds that fit your Galant as a straight bolt in. The sigma 2ltr 5 speed box as you stated and 1977 to 1980 LB/ LC lancer hatch 5 speeds. They use the same mount, from the lancer and it bolts straight into you cross member. The only mod you need to do is move your gearstick hole back 1 inch. I traced the original hole and cut a new piece of steel with the new hole, then elongated the original hole and siliconed and riveted the new metal in the place it needed to be. That way I still use the factory gearstick hole grommet.

Hope this helps....

Dave
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

bump = bring up my post :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
guylant

Post by guylant »

hey dude i pm u with the specs of what i did to my 4g32b u need to understand what u want from your motor 4 a start do u want a high rev motor ect and how u want to drive it u can only move your tourqe band up or down the rev range for eg mine cuts in about 2300rpm and revs out to about 6500rpm. if u r useing chain drive u need sqaure port extractors and dave's right about the gear box mines a 2lt box and 2lt clutch and galant crossmember just cut out a bit of your tunnel for gear stick possition and move crossmember back to the next set of holes. like i said theres no shop that has all your parts on the shelf u need to do some research for parts like cams like crow cams in melb look on the net and as for manifold do u want a single a twin side draft or twin down draft like daves 75 wagon. look at gem parts aust there a bit dear but gives a idea of what u want. does anyone disagres with what ive said. good luck dude :thumpsup:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Chain drive motors came with square and round port... The round port heads are the same extractors as the belt drive ones...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
andrewharris88

Post by andrewharris88 »

thanks so far guys.

i remember dave saying about his gearbox before. and only having to move the standard console back a inch, and that you would tell if you didnt know.
guylant wrote:hey dude i pm u with the specs of what i did to my 4g32b u need to understand what u want from your motor 4 a start do u want a high rev motor ect and how u want to drive it u can only move your tourqe band up or down the rev range for eg mine cuts in about 2300rpm and revs out to about 6500rpm. manifold do u want a single a twin side draft or twin down draft like daves 75 wagon. look at gem parts aust there a bit dear but gives a idea of what u want. does anyone disagres with what ive said. good luck dude :thumpsup:
my old galant halled at high rpm, and im led to beleave that the no 5 cam is what was used in the rally spec racers. (high rpms)
what cam are you running and howd you go with everyday driving / iderling. you say it cuts in at 2300? are you saying its like vtec feeling. running leanish untill the rmp hits the right mix then the pull hits in.

the setup for carbys, twin side draft is what im looking for. im not to keen on the top draft ones like daves. it looks cool but u like the sides better.
colta51

Post by colta51 »

75wagon wrote:Chain drive motors came with square and round port... The round port heads are the same extractors as the belt drive ones...
round port is unleaded isnt it?
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

colta51 wrote:
75wagon wrote:quote] round port is unleaded isnt it?
no ,unleaded in Aust was 1986 round port started in '74 ish?.
Forget a No 5 for three reasons, cost of the cam if you can find one, cost of the mods you need so it works and its useless around town, which is where you drive mostly , 40mm Solex's yes, manifold on Ebay or here or (insert favorite forum name here).... but youll need $$$ to get them set up correctly to suit your engine
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
colta51

Post by colta51 »

wasnt sure thanks!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

My 73 GB one owner old ladies car that I bought in 1994 with 73000 miles had a round port....
colta51

Post by colta51 »

my round port is out of a gb too!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

colta51 wrote:round port is unleaded isnt it?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Mitsubishi been running hardened valve seats since 1968 or something? (which is what you need for unleaded)
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

so noone can be certain till you look what type of ports you have, its like a lucky dip, :@ thats anoying
4GB63t
A112H

Post by A112H »

bump