Need help tuning twin solex carbys

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
smash

Need help tuning twin solex carbys

Post by smash »

!Please help! i just put twin solex carbys on my GB Galant which has a 4g32 and i cant tune them properly can any body help?
72 GB Galant
VH Commodore
Chrysler x Chrysler
Suzuki Sj50 sierra
Mazda 121
2x series 2a landrovers
Torana68

Re: Need help tuning twin solex carbys

Post by Torana68 »

assuming down draft and that they are in good original condition there isnt much to do except ballance them (unless your engine is heavily modified) what exactlly is wrong?
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Pretty much what Torana68 said, they are pretty basic. Almost the same as a tuning a single except for balancing them to each other.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2655

Have a look at that topic with pics of them.
Do you have the fuel cut solenoid hooked up? They run pretty crap at idle without.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
smash

Post by smash »

Thanks for your replies. They are down draft, the engine is running really rich and is really rough even when you give it a rev, i don't have the fuel cut solenoid hooked up and do i need one for each carby?
72 GB Galant
VH Commodore
Chrysler x Chrysler
Suzuki Sj50 sierra
Mazda 121
2x series 2a landrovers
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

how many you got? connect them..... do your set have the EGR valve or no EGR valve?
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
smash

Post by smash »

I've only got one of them that i know of. No EGR valve do i need one?
72 GB Galant
VH Commodore
Chrysler x Chrysler
Suzuki Sj50 sierra
Mazda 121
2x series 2a landrovers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

If they were designed to run with one solenoid, then that is all they will need, but if they were designed to run with more then they will need more.
I have a set in my garage that has 4 solenoids and an EGR valve, but the set on my wagon have 1 solenoid and no EGR valve.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers