What to strip off a TR Magna for EFI Conversion?

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
Andy

What to strip off a TR Magna for EFI Conversion?

Post by Andy »

Got my hands on a TR Magna (pretty sure it's a TR Magna).

Just wanting to know exactly what I will need to strip off it to convert my Sigma Turbo (2L) to EFI?

Obvious things like:

EFI Head
Magna Intake w/ throttle body
ECU
Engine Loom

But what about sensors/etc? What else do I need to rip off this sucker to convert the Siggy to EFI? What will I do in regards to an electric fuel pump? (one of the hurdles in my mind at the moment!)

I do realise that there are many threads covering the conversion on here, but after spending about 15 minutes trying to find a thread with basic information like "do this this and this and bam your car is EFI" with some pretty pictures, I've decided to make my own thread :P

If someone can point me in the direction of a thread with all the info I need to know about the full conversion, that'd be great. I tried reading the one that's on the archive forum, but it was far too messy to read properly.

Thanks!
EVL076
S-G Veteran

Re: What to strip off a TR Magna for EFI Conversion?

Post by EVL076 »

here we fuckin go again...
how many times does this need to be covered???????????????

do a search, and have a read....

there is no thread on here that says: "hey, dickhead, this is what you need to make your car run EFI"

but im sure with a bit of a dig, you will find the info you are after
a 4 minute dig found 9 different threads on it :shock:

** the "hey dickhead" comment was no way intended as a direct hit to you, Andy
Image Image
Andy

Post by Andy »

No offence taken mate, but if you could link me to these illustrious threads, that would be great.

I know that there won't be a "do this and bang ya done" thread, but just something a little more clear than 4769 pages of chit chat with the odd post about the topic at hand would be nice :)

Edit: Found this, which is comprehensive enough, althou I'd still like to know exactly what to strip off the car. I already know what I need to modify in terms of the intake/etc, but still unsure as what to strip. I've only got the Magna for a week before it goes to Sims.

Edit 2: Also, if we get a quick response, maybe make it a sticky, so these threads don't crop up every 2nd day?
panda

Post by panda »

Andy wrote:Got my hands on a TR Magna (pretty sure it's a TR Magna).

Just wanting to know exactly what I will need to strip off it to convert my Sigma Turbo (2L) to EFI?

Obvious things like:

EFI Head
Magna Intake w/ throttle body
ECU
Engine Loom
If youre gunna go turbo, you will need a programmable aftermarket ECU, not the Magna factory one plus all the usual sensors like TPS, water & air temp, MAP, & the usual ignition triggers.

Spend lots of time reading the well posted info, & then ask questions when your finished.

panda
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
Andy

Post by Andy »

Ok thanks for that. Had a feeling that the Magna ECU would be near-on useless, but will see how I go. The only reason for the upgrade to EFI is due to the fact that the Zenith carby has kicked the bucket, and this seemed a logical upgrade :)

Will start stripping later this week! Thanks!