twin dollertos 40s

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
andrewharris88

twin dollertos 40s

Post by andrewharris88 »

hey guys.

I have a 4g32, that’s being port polished, balanced, stage 2 cam, extractors, 5speed from a 2ltr sigma, distributor upgrade and twin side draught dollertos 40s going on.

My questions is to the dollertos, has anyone got these fitted to the 4g32? If so what size jets ect did you have to change to?

Also has anyone got this similar setup? What’s it go like? And how are the burnouts when you feel there necessary to show a ricer the impact of sheer engineering brilliance of the gallant and the skill of driving such an engine.

andrew
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: twin dollertos 40s

Post by 81GL »

Hey mate,

Well not a 4g32... but 4g52 yes (2lt astron). Still all freshly built at the moment but should be running in a couple days (FINALLY! :| )

Jetting.... From the sounds of your set up your looking for a fairly responsive engine (street drive ability over full throttle power?) What chokes have you got in them at the moment?

Also, what is the full model number on your carbs? The DHLA's came in a few different variants, depending on the variant will depend on the jetting choice.

Needless to say, if you are planning on using them & they have been sitting for a while un-used, or you do not know their history? "definitely" rebuild them or have them rebuilt! no ifs or buts about it!

Cheers mate.
Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
andrewharris88

Post by andrewharris88 »

they came off a 2ltr Alfa Romeo, they took them off the car befor it went to the reckers. been sittting on shelvs for a couple of years. apparently worked fine when taken off. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0403212380
i got them for $227 and a new twin manafold for $345 is that any good?

they look cleen? lol degreser hahah

with the mods to my engin will i need smaller jets?

its a weekend driver, so not realy concerned to much with fuel ect. but street drive and full throdel....both....lol a happy medium will be fine.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

Appear to be in a reasonable condition. But i would still recommend taking them apart & inspecting. then clean and rebuild. do it once and do it right!

For that price yeah, thats pretty good lol. That would also be about right for the manifold.

Well I'll assume your more interested in the upper rev range then? 3000 ~ 6000 ?? First things first, its best to know what is in there already: hence the pull down and inspection. -pump jet value? idle jet value? main jet value? & what size chokes are currently fitted. Coming from the Alfa 2lt, I would "guess" for them to have 32mm chokes fitted, which may be okay or may be a bit large. 30mm wouldn't be out of the question. (bit hard to say when going off what i read), but once you have your choke size chosen to suit your engine, then you jet it accordingly.
& again, to jet for optimum performance really need to find out the exact model of the carbs? for Example: DHLA40C DHLA40L etc.

Oh and i have used these guys quite a bit of late - VERY happy with the service!
http://www.dellorto.co.uk/

& if you have never played with side draught carbs before... i would strongly recommend this...
http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/p ... ectionID=7
-Gives you a good basic knowledge on what is going on.

Cheers,
Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.