What do I have to do to fit a factory turbo set up?

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
2Lgalant

What do I have to do to fit a factory turbo set up?

Post by 2Lgalant »

Hey guys just wondering what have I got to do to put a factory turbo set up from a sigma onto a 4g52 and how does it fit into a gb ? Intrested to know and to see pics of peoples engine bays
A112H

Re: What do I have to do to fit a factory turbo set up?

Post by A112H »

You will need the Sigma exhaust, the engine and gearbox, a 10mm, 12mm, 14mm and 17mm spanner a pointy nose pair of pliers and a phillips head and flat head screw driver. Remove the rad spacer and a shit load of time a paitence.
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

So there's not cutting anything I understand I need the sigma exhaust and that and how to put the motor in but does all the manifold fit and that
unique10

Post by unique10 »

if you havnt already got it, try get a turbo kit with EVERYTHING. theres nothing worse than having to run around or wait for parts that you dont have or that are missing.
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Well I just bought the manifold and the carby off eBay so all I need is turbo and exhaust manifold am I right
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

nah..... if your putting it on for giggles and dont care how long it goes for maybe. If you want it to work as a minimum (!) youll need a turbo distributor and a drop of compression somehow ( generally that would be new pistons to suit), it will need a reasonable supply of fuel, someone to check the air/fuel ratio . the stock diff will last a while if you are carefull, the first high RPM launch will probbaly be its last. Then there is engineering for rego if thats where your going....
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Well engine is going to be rebuilt I know that so it will be to turbo specs , diff will be rebuilt and will be made to withstand turbo power I knew those things so TURBO DISTRIBUTER what do you mean by that can I use my original one and get it all tuned or do I need a new one fuel/air it's all done by the carby isn't it it's got a su on it ?

As much help will be grately appreciated as I need it I know nothing bout turbos really know a little but not all that much
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

2Lgalant wrote:so TURBO DISTRIBUTER what do you mean by that
NA dizzy has vacuum advance, Forced induction requires Boost retard.
Same thing in theory, but in different pressure areas.
2Lgalant wrote:can I use my original one and get it all tuned or do I need a new one
Yes you can but they have to change quite a bit and, yours would probably require a rebuild as well.
Look on Ebay for the US Starion/Conquest dizzy

Cheers.
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Ok then so a starion dizzy is the way to go. So what do you guys reacon I show use internally in my motor I.e what pistons, what cam, what bearings as I will do as much as I can myself I've already striped the motor and will put the new pistons in and stuff but will leave the head work for the pro's
A112H

Post by A112H »

Needs to be an American Starion, they called them Conquest, as they use a turbo'd 4G54 Astron. Local Starions used a SOHC 4G63, the dizzy out of one of these will be no good.
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Oh ok then that's understandable
A57C

Post by A57C »

@jason, won't a sigma efi dizzy work as well? or?
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

only if its a Turbo 4G5 one?
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...