max power from 4g54

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
mstrrab1992

max power from 4g54

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Wats the max power u can get from a 2.6 astron without going efi or turbo I and how would I get it wat would I need
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
Torana68

Re: max power from 4g54

Post by Torana68 »

how much are you intending spending?this will help everyone point you in the right direction.
is it for street or???
do you need it to comply to ADR's for rego or engineering?
seriously how much is in the kitty, $3K ?
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Money isnt an issue, i prob just want 250hp at rear wheels, and yes itll need to be complied as its in an la lancer, but its not like theyre gonna open the engine i just want internal mods cuz when i turn 20 ill be turboin it with a magna head and efi, just want max performance, while im 18 so i can drive it on the road but take it to my local drag strip when its on and enter it, i got a falcon weber, im gonna get modified extractors for it, idk if its best to buy a cam or get the original machined, idk what other stuff cud be done to acheive so much power, as i typed in 1/4 mile calc the weight of car and 250 bhp it said itd run 9-10's so idk, just need ideas and prices if anyone has, its an astron 1 btw.
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
webby

Post by webby »

must be school holidays again :hit:
Engine conversions are ILLEGAL on your P's. So even if you kept it stock you wouldn't be allowed to drive a 2.6 LA.
As for your question, it's possible to get 250hp from an atmo 2.6 but there's no way in hell it'd be streetable.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889