NSW cruise (SYD)

All Sigma-Galant.com Events will be located here, along with pictures/videos and details for upcoming Events.
DanTurboLancer

Re: NSW cruise (SYD)

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Ahh Kodos we were all wondering what happened to you mate!!

Hey ive strated a new Thread Tittled NSW Cruise Photos, just so its a new tittle that people from other areas might jump into for a look!

Please post any pics and vids there.

Really Great to meet everyone, and i had a top day!!

I think we will have to do it again sometime soon!

Cheers Dan
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Could life get any better then this?
Spend the day with a great bunch of people, look at some truly inspiring cars and projects on their way. And cruzin' with more Galants then I've ever seen together in one place in my life, without forgetting Sigmas and all on it's own, Dan's Lancer.
My brother-in-law Stephen loved the day too.

Anyway on the way home I see GC galant wagon smashed at the front. One owner for 35 years. Looks like he wants to sell..... Maybe another project or the next door neighbours young bloke wants one, who knows????

Thanx Guys for a great day.......
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

Thaks a lot guys. AWESOME day :) really had a lot of fun :) triiky was awesomer too :D brougth a definate smile to my face haha.

i'm so determined to get silvia the sigma goiong mow lol.

comming home my friend finally messaged me back saying i can have his vr4 starion for $8500 or his forged 4G64 2.4L engine, custom exhaust manifold and inet, with gt2876 turbo for $3800. . just as i was convinced to not ruin the old girl by putting a different engine in her lol. got a decision to make now though . .

anywy. just saying again. thanks all for comming and for a great day. and a big thanks to driftforlife for the entertaining old road run and the superb maccas exit :) cant wait till next time guys!

Dane
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
www.18u

Post by www.18u »

I wish i had not drank so much the night before :facepalm:
There was no way i was going to drive Grandpa. I still spent some time with him, doing his 100,000km service.
Top work guys, no way am i missing the next cruise.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

A suggestion has already been put forward for the next cruise...

To meet at 'Pie In the Sky' on the Old Road just north of Berowra (it's a popular venue for Bikes).

I was wondering how everyone felt about meeting there and crusin' through 'Galston Gorge' and ending up at 'Wisemans Ferry', good opurtunity for Photo's.

I wonder how many sigmas and galants etc.. we can fit on the punt (car ferry)?

Just a thought, better for Sydney people.

Anyone got suggestions for dates, if anyone is interested?

Dave
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
turbosigma

Post by turbosigma »

Cruise to Sydney next please - as Northerners and Southerners can go.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Berowra pretty much is Sydney, It's just past Hornsby....
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

this weekend??? haha lol. just joking. what. . maby a month? i'm VERY keen for another

and www.18u, i was at the horse races drinking from 9AM and finnished at 9PM on the saturday. wasn't feeling the best and the girlfriend was drinking till 2AM sunday. lucky for me i have not yet experienced a hang over and i'm 24 lol. i live on icys after a big night, so maccas meeting points were the bomb :)

got the green scrop on ebay and with a bit over a day to go its at 900. i'd accept 1500. maby i can register silvia the sigma for this cruise :D standard with 2HP and rivling a 4WD for hight she will go great :)
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
www.18u

Post by www.18u »

It wasn't really about being hung over, more that i would have been way over the limit and would not want to put my life or other peoples at risk. I am at the races this weekend for a bucks night, and then a wedding the weekend after, so in about a months time would be great.
turbosigma

Post by turbosigma »

75wagon wrote:Berowra pretty much is Sydney, It's just past Hornsby....
All good - With luck a few of us Southerners can cruise up together - as i have the sense of direction of a headless pigeon

edit:- Any BBQ facilities near by
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi ALL many thanks for a great day & cruise but most of all seeing the cars & putting faces to them?.

I think we turned a few heads on the way up to newie we had a top day & talked about it all the way back home.

Thanks again to all the people that came in galants, sigmas, also daily drivers?
For the ones that missed out on a top sunday make it to the next one please.

We were up at 6am left sydney at 8am back home at 7pm 560kms for the day WOULD WE DO IT AGAIN YES 100%

can not wait till someone post some pictures of the day.

see ya all at the next one wayne & steven.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I'm pretty sure there are, but I can't find any info on the net about it. I might have to go and check for myself.
But it's a great spot. There is a little shop right near the ferries that sells coffee and stuff. I'm just not confident about BBQ's, but I'm sure they are there.

Has anyone ever driven through Galston Gorge? Great bit of road, decline full of 5km/hr hairpin bends on the hornsby side,then one lane bridge, to an incline with more open corners twisting for a couple of kms. Motorbike heaven.

I love this road!
and then the road to wiseman's ferry, fantastic.

Whoever is coming make sure your brakes work properly, you're going to need them.....

Dave.
driftforlife

Post by driftforlife »

i've been to the gorge and wisemans...gorge is just crazy, my car couldn't even turn the hairpins because of the very small steering angle, 4wd nearly took me out :o ...wisemans is awesome though :D absolutely perfect, last time i went the radiator boiled my coolant :$ was still awesome though :)

i'll be up for that depending on the date :P
Current
Nissan S15 Silvia Autech - stanced and low daily/drifter

Past
95 Honda Civic EG VTI - blew up :D
75 Chrysler Galant Sedan GC - :/
98 Subaru Liberty 2.5L RX AWD - old daily cruiser
91 Nissan Silvia S13 SR20DE - filthy drift pig that was a mistake to try have as a daily
76 Chrysler Galant Sedan GC - sadly missed ;(
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

It wasn't really about being hung over, more that i would have been way over the limit and would not want to put my life or other peoples at risk. I am at the races this weekend for a bucks night, and then a wedding the weekend after, so in about a months time would be great.
i think iwas a bit over probably too lol.

no real good bbq areas i can think of. will have to ask mum as she knows that way pretty well :) . . . pitty bobin head charges to go down now. that would have been very nice :) and i good road too :)

can anyone bring a portable bbq at all? maby 2 people? we can make pur own spot lol. that could work.

just throwing a few ideas around.
TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

i like that idea 75wagon the pie in the sky place is supposed to be awesome and having already taken galston gorge in the skyline it'd be real inseresting taking it on in the siggy.

Thanks again all twas a great day. Glad you liked it 13b... :D
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Has anyone else got thoughts on a cruise from Berowra (Pie in the Sky), to Wisemans Ferry?
How about late Nov to early December sound?
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

im always in....

that sounds awesome though, just need a few more than what we had on sunday and it would be awesome

might even get my mate to drive my scorpion just to add another car to the bunch
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I was wondering if you or Dan would be interested in a passenger on the next one Fergus loves your cars and he'd love to have a ride......
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

ahh mate you should have said something, yeah for sure anytime!
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

yeah mate, easy as.

all he has to do is ask (H)
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.