Budget Beater GH Sigma

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
C_Fernance

Budget Beater GH Sigma

Post by C_Fernance »

Thought I'd put up some details on the GH Sigma I have recently bought.

It's a '81 GH, which is basically standard except for a 34ADM Weber carb, Sigma turbo mags and turbo gauge assembly.

Plan is to fix it up as a tidy daily driver, however to try and save money any upgrades will be done on a tight budget and basically use whatever spares I have laying around.

Upgrades so far from the parts stash consists of a chrome rocker cover, but I also have a Momo steering wheel and a set of 10mm leads to go on in the next day or so. I'd also like to get a decent stereo in soon too for the daily drive down the freeway to work.

Hopefully I'll get some nice pics to upload at the Wisemans Ferry cruise.
75wagon
Admin

Re: Budget Beater GH Sigma

Post by 75wagon »

Congratulations with the buy.
I wasn't allowed. I didn't have a good look at this car at the last cruise because it turned up late in the day.
So what was wrong with it? Or had he just had enough of it?
It looks good in the photos on the cruise.
That is it isn't it?
Dave
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Basically a list of minor issues. Running rough and wouldn't idle properly, passengers door hard to open, some small spots of rust that will need attention soon, overheating in traffic, etc are the main ones. He just decided that he had enough of it.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

C_Fernance wrote:Running rough and wouldn't idle properly
So is it just the mixture screw? Or a vacuum leak? Or you haven't had time to look at it yet?
C_Fernance wrote:He just decided that he had enough of it.
Shame, I suppose that's one less active member now?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

I had a play with the carby today and got it running a lot better, but it's still not perfect. I'll probably have to rebuild the carb or maybe put my twin carb setup on. Also needs an aircleaner ASAP.
camB

Post by camB »

I got one. Oh, perhaps a bit far to go to pick it up. :)
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Thought i would give everyone an update.

The dodgy Weber was removed and replaced with a factory twin downdraft setup for the Wiseman's Ferry cruise. Not as much power as it still needs to be tuned - but it's already running a lot better. Currently running a pair of Ramflo filters till i can get the factory air cleaner sorted out.

This week i have fitted my Momo Super Indy steering wheel, and started fitting a better stereo. Also picked up a taillight and some better indicators thanks to TR11KY. Hopefully i can get the lights and the rest of the stereo fitted this weekend.

Here's some pics from the cruise that DanTurboLancer took....

city hunter

Post by city hunter »

nice car, why the hell didnt we get those here I will never know. Hows that thing run with those twin downs?
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero